So, are there even any shortages? Seems like everyone is getting one

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andyACEcandy, Sep 14, 2014.

1. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

They didn't "sell out" right? Even now, it looks like you can still get one by the end of October at the latest.

2. accountforit macrumors 6502a

Wouldn't that be a shortage when you can't buy a product you want and receive it until a month and a half later?

3. andyACEcandy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ha, good point... I guess my real question is if there will be any problems getting one even after the month and a half date

4. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

I'm sure there won't be any shortages on any of the models after November. It's just the first two months that make it hard to get. It'd be really surprising if they can't keep any Plus models in stock in 2015.

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Seems they've done a pretty good job ramping up production for the 6. Even after all the preorders it's still only pushed back 7-10 days if you ordered now. The 6 Plus not so much but given all rumored production difficulties with that model it isn't really unexpected. Really depends on which one you want. By November you should be able to walk in and get whatever you want without much trouble.

6. miamialley, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

The people ordering now are people who will upgrade regardless. Once they're released there will be another wave of people who needed to see them before they upgrade. Then there will be more who wouldn't have planned an upgrade, but after seeing them will want to.

7. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

When you say "everyone", do you mean from what you read here on a very small sample of the world?

They won't actually sell out of phones until each store doesn't have any at the end of the launch day. I guess that would be a fair umbrella to cover what "sold out" means?

8. wxman2003 Suspended

Yes there is a shortage. No one has got one yet. They took my money. I have no phone. So there is a shortage. And exactly how do you preorder? Either you place an order, or you don't.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's not sold out because it's not a limited production item. It's not like Apple is making a million of them and then then you can't buy any more.

Rather than sold out, it's on backorder.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Did you read how many MILLIONS they plan to sell by the end of the year?

Big numbers.

11. Ayr macrumors 6502

Demand is currently greater than supply on release day.