So, are we getting AirPods?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kevsta26, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Kjung7 macrumors 6502

Could be a box for a knockoff. Few more days and we'll know.

2. ferretex, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016

ferretex macrumors member

ferretex

That text is clearly retouched. On a clear brochure it said: lightning plug EarPods (or something like that)...anyway we're just some days away to find out.

3. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well a lot of people were skeptical from the size of the text that it couldn't possibly fit on the box. Plus with it saying "Lighting to Headphone Jack Adapter" when apple would much more likely say "Lightning to 3.5mm Adapter" or something similar.

IMG_0555.JPG

4. 96-HUDSON-96 Suspended

96-HUDSON-96

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Those few more days can't come soon enough so that we can be done with all the guessing that won't change what will be announced one way or another.

6. urkel macrumors 68030

For free? From Tim Cooks Apple?!?

Ha

Ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha.

7. 2457248 Suspended

apple is really keen on semantics. by calling it headphone jack, it sounds like they removed something needed to connect a pair of headphones (hence a headphone->jack).
    in reality they'd want to push the idea that you don't need a 3,5mm port to plug your/(their) headphones, a lightning port is just as fine.
    i'm just being over optimistic here... :(

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Many people get many free things from Apple. I've gotten a free keyboard, a free printer, and a free replacement. Many have reported getting free replacements and free screens from Apple. So much so that people make threads whining when they don't get exceptions and free stuff.

Problem is, we've developed a culture of entitlement.

But what you said about Cook is becoming a popular sentiment, so I can see why you'd post it.

9. ferretex macrumors member

ferretex

Exactely!

10. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

rumours of airpods and adapter in the box would be great

11. 96-HUDSON-96 Suspended

96-HUDSON-96

Must do! They can't expect us to buy them...

12. urkel macrumors 68030

Not arguing because I agree with much of what you said. But we're talking about todays Apple including something extra in retail packaging, not Apple support being awesome and going above and beyond what they need to by giving something free.

And secondly, how many of those free items have you gotten lately? My snarky attitude is because Tim Cooks Apple is one that progressively has been trading "User Experience" for "Profit". So when it comes to Apple including a very expensive set of bluetooth headphones with the new iPhone then I still stand by my original statement.

Ha.Ha. And Ha. :D

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ok, much of what you said makes sense, but you do realize that you have only 1 vote: your pocketbook. How are you voting?

14. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

15. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Wow. That first language is Hungarian and I can say it's a solid translation, if fake. This is the first in seeing this. Interesting.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 3, 2016 ---
    Two ways to look st this. You can see it as free or you can see it as value added since customers might feel very little has changed with the phone. Bundled Bluetooth buds might just be an incentive that pushes folks to upgrade/buy the new device that they wouldn't have chosen before.

16. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree it does look very authentic! The only thing that threw me off was putting the name of the device under the capacity which I don't believe has been done before.

17. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Could be on the sides and back I guess. Makes sense from an inventory standpoint. Boxes are same/similar in size and shape between devices so the better labeled anboxnis the easier it is for a retail employee to snag the right one at a glance.

I think this could be real and am somewhat excited for this now. Mostly interested in whether these will be arts the to each other with a wife or be completely wireless. Also battery life. And mostly, msrp on the buds themselves.

18. Kevsta26 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here's some more pics of the boxes if you're interested ;) looking pretty real to me!

IMG_0580.JPG IMG_0581.JPG IMG_0582.JPG

19. jsgtpd macrumors member

20. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

Fake fake fake! Apple always prints on the box. You can see this has been printed on some card.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 4, 2016 ---
    Can you translate it?