So AT&T - How about a data only plan for my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arcus, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Arcus macrumors 6502a

I wont get a full plan because your voice is terrible in my area BUT I would get a data only plan.

So how about it AT&T? I ll use Verizon for voice and you for data? Want at least SOME of my money?

2. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

Yes! I've been saying this for a long time. I'll happily buy an (unsubsidized) iPhone for $400-500 and a $30/month data-only plan. Maybe with an option to add pre-paid voice minutes (I currently use far less than 400 minutes/year on Virgin Mobile). Clearly with today's announcement this is doable.

The problem with the iPad is that it's too big to have in your pocket, which makes it seem about 100 times less useful to me. An iPhone with the same data-only plan would be perfect. Until then, I won't buy one.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wonder if one of those AT&T Data only simcards for wireless cards would work for the iphone to just acess 3G/2G data without voice?
    Would you get service if you stick one in an iphone?

4. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

I would like to see this happen, everything routed through data. Google Voice or Vonage for voice and 3G or LTE for data.

5. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Not if you are Captain Kangaroo!

[​IMG]

6. Jason-Houghton macrumors regular

Jason-Houghton

you have a weird world of mobile operators over in the usa. its strange how they work. compared to here in uk.