SO BAD Internet Connection on my iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mark-T, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Mark-T macrumors newbie

I Really need help in this issue
    My iMac has a Very Bad Connection With The Internet :(
    In same time my Normal PC has A Gr8 inetrnet connection with no Problems ..
    Many times , it acts on my iMac that there is No Connection and it gives me error page on my Browser SAFARI or FIREFOX Both...

Others and the most commun thing , while downloading and afer downloading , i CANT BROWSE THE NET :S , As if It's not connected on the Internet and i had to restart the ruter , and some times the Restart of the Router doesnt work n needs to be in a rest for a while ....

I Tried to work Wireless and had the same problem , Changed the LAN Cable and same ....

Need Help Please and in DETAILED STEPS ...
    Thanks in advance :(

2. iAlexG macrumors 6502

iAlexG

Check with you service provider it doesn't sound like its your mac

3. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

How it doesn't sound like its my macand as i told , the Internet is working great on my Normal PC ! ...

4. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

I configure my internet manually..

I got the DNS's the wrong way around in the internet box. Its been working, but rubbish.

Swapped them around, and hey presto all is good.

Check the differences between Windows and Mac connections if you have entered them your self.

Oh, and if its Wired net check the cables, swap them over, try different ports on your router. If its wireless, then I dunno. I dont use wireless.

Wheaty

5. Mark-T thread starter macrumors newbie

So where can i see the Difference ..

Please need details ...

6. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

On further investigation after your post....

I had a typo in one of my DNS's

System Preferences, Network.
    Make sure both your DNS's are on the same line in the DNS box separated by a comma. Or you can enter them separately in the advanced dialogue box.

The only reason I have a habit of entering them manually is partly due to being used to it, due to a common windows error. and partly in a misguided belief that it may be slightly more secure due to the way I have my router set up.. but I think this is negligible really.

Wheaty

PS, if you have no numbers and you are running DHCP then they are assigned to you automatically through your router.