So basically apple is giving everyone a free trial

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gameaholic, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Gameaholic macrumors member

Ok well, I just want to get this straight. Apple said you can have a full refund for iPhone 4 and the AT&T contract if you don't like it? Does this refund policy extend beyond september 30th? So basically, I can buy an iPhone 4 and if I find the atenna to be annoying, I can return it with no strings attached?

2. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Obviously you will still pay AT&T for the service you used while you had the phone. And apple (among most every other company) has always had a 30 day return policy. There simply waiving the restocking fee.

3. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

The only thing that changed about the return policy is that Apple is waiving the restocking fee (about $18, give or take a few bucks), besides that, NOTHING changed about the return policy. You still have 30 days from the DATE OF PURCHASE to return the phone, as well as the contract.

:apple:

4. Lodoss macrumors member

I had to pay at&t 22 bucks for using the iphone for a week so it isn't a free trial.

5. Boiler macrumors regular

I bought iPhone 4 June 24. I know I have 30 days to return it for a refund. But can I exchange it for a replacement after the first 30 days.

I have the antenna reception issue. A bad proximity sensor. And a green blob on photos.
    But I have the best screen brightness and color temperature balance of any iPhone 4 I have seen.

If you do an exchange, are you just stuck with that one replacement from the store or can you check it out in store for reception, brightness, photo, proximity sensor issues and then move on to a second phone in store to consider for replacement?

6. Octane19 macrumors member

I would suspect these fall under the 1 year apple warranty if you can replicate it so you should be able to exchange it, yes.

7. Gameaholic thread starter macrumors member

So the only string attached is the AT&T contract,which extends for two years?

8. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

The contract is terminated when you return the phone within the first 30 days, but you have to pay the pro-rated usage fees.