so, basically. im dissapointed and upset.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by comebackdwn, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comebackdwn macrumors regular

just got home with my new imac.

when i was buying it at the store i noticed the box still had the tiger background on it. so, i wanted to make sure i had leopard pre-installed. not the drop in disk. so i asked. i was told it was for sure already installed. and yup, its not.

damn apple employees. now i have to wait about 2 hours before i can actually get to use my computer the way it was intended to be used.

2. iSavant macrumors regular

endeavor to persevere

Your Time Machine cometh soonish

3. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

It doesn't take 2 hrs...

And what do you expect them to do, send all the Tiger computers back to Apple for immediate destruction?

4. comebackdwn thread starter macrumors regular

im just pissed that they assured me leopard was pre-installed.

5. iSavant macrumors regular

Q: What's the difference between a computer salesman and a used car salesman?

A: A used car salesman knows when he's lying.

You can go thru life pissed, or just get used to sales people talking out their a$$

6. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

At least it seems like your computer works properly. Hopefully there's no issues, but having Tiger instead of Leopard and having to wait an hour for it to install is nothing compared to having an iMac that explodes in your face and melts your eyes out, and then your eyes are super heated liquid that melts the rest of your face and your face melts off and falls on your keyboard which also explodes causing an enormous cavity in your chest full of toxic acid which then quickly melts away your insides and spills over onto your legs which also melt away and then it's just your brain and brainstem left so you're kind of still alive to feel it all and finally your brain melts because of the pool of acid where your feet used to be.

And at least it came with Leopard disks. A friend of mine just got a 17inch MBP that didn't even come with the discs and it has Tiger on it.
    [looks at leopard install disc] Now you stay there, Leopard install disc! You're not allowed to walk into that other room and install yourself onto the other laptop because that's braking your license, alright? Are you listening to me? HEY GET BACK HERE!

Think of the acid before getting so upset =)

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

OP, I know how you feel, but it in the end, it's only a minor problem. Upgrading to Leopard only took 45 minutes for me, and with your blank iMac, it should take a little less. Just be glad you have a backup OS and be happy. :)

8. MacHipster macrumors 6502

That was amazing.:D

9. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

10. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

so, basically. im dissapointed and upset.

Isn't this line usually preceded by "We need to talk..."?

Now THAT's a bad way to kill a couple hours.

11. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Same thing happened to me when I bought an imac for my parents but the apple store offered to install leopard for my parents right there in the store.

Did they lie? Yes.
    Was it intentional? I seriously doubt it.
    Would I have bought it anyway? Yes.
    So would anything have changed if they had told me the truth? No.
    So does it matter? Not at all.

Not to sound cruel and I don't mean to be offensive, but you should be a little more mature about this. It's called life and it sometimes gives you lemons but like everyone else on this forum is trying to convey to you, many worse things can happen and if this is the worst of your problems, then consider yourself blessed.

12. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

They should do a Mac commercial like that. Where the PC explodes and melts it's user with acid. And then the Mac looks at the camera and says "Well I-" and then Mac explodes with acid, only it's coincidently a more elegant explosion of acid that leaves a nice pattern on the white wall in the background and then the acid streams down the wall and kind of forms into an Apple logo with some text that reads "Elegance is everything." or something else that's equally absurd.

I'm going to build a portfolio and go work in advertising.

13. iSavant macrumors regular

iAcid... think about it... you can have that one for your portfolio.

14. comebackdwn thread starter macrumors regular

haha. you guys act like i am going to kill myself over this situation.

i was just making the comment about apple employees mainly. it's ok, things are getting installed, and im still smiling as its happening. wow.

15. iSavant macrumors regular

So you're not disappointed, upset and pissed anymore ???

Congrats on your new iMac and I hope you enjoy Leopard as much as I am!

16. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Thank God! .... there was no acid. Careful, now! But enjoy the Leoparrrrrrrrrrd. It's real leoparrrrrrd.

I'm going to do it. Whatever it takes, by God I'm going to do it!

17. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Here is another way to look at this. Apple did not have to give you the upgrade DVD at all and then asked you to pay $129.00 for the upgrade!

Anyway, i hope you enjoy your new imac as I do mine. I bought mine a week after Leopard came out and the install took a little more than 30 minutes. Not much time at all.....

18. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

This is what I am talking about. Let's hear it for cry fests.

19. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

What a coincidence...that happens to me ALL the time. And let me tell you, it does indeed suck a lot!

Actually, no, they can't do that, as per their own policies.

--Eric

20. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

No way! That's amazing... you must have super-regenerative powers. Like on Heroes!

So when the acid melts your eyes and face and innards and outsides and legs and feet and your brain is just there on the floor in the pool of acid that's trying to melt your brain away but it can't because it keeps regenerating so the acid keeps trying to melt it but your brain kind of rolls out of the acid by sheer willpower but rolls too far and falls down some stairs and then starts to regenerate your body and then you get up and go look at the acid which by this point has melted a big hole in your house so you get the only person who can get rid of it, and that's Superman so he comes and takes the acid somewhere, maybe to outer space because that's where he throws everything, and he comes back and tells you that the job is done and you're happy and shake hands and call a repair guy to fix your house and finally get back to what's left of your iMac to work on that thing you were working in that was due 2 hours ago but the acid thing happened and now it's late and have no iMac, you have to buy a new iMac? ...Or does the iMac heal itself too??

21. iSavant macrumors regular

and then, on the new iMac, maybe Leopard isn't even preinstalled... what then ???

Breathe RoboCop ;)

22. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I would not stand for that. Demand that they give you your money back. Look at it this way. If something you use regularly does not play nice with Leopard, you can always install Tiger. You get two OSes.

23. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I... I only WISH that my life was so awesome, this would be a big enough deal to write on an internet forum about.

24. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Wow...and I thought I was screwed up in the head. I'm going to go ahead and cancel the rest of my therapy sessions. I think I feel better now. :p

25. eyemac74119 macrumors member

ypu one of my favorite games is since im really good with computers and am certified i just love to go in a pretend i dont know a damn thing about computters you know that internet thingy that i gan copy the internet to my computer and giond to wlmart to get a can of faid to get all the bugs out

then sometimes catch them in a lie sometimes i just dont feeling telling them how much they are lying saying that vista doesnt need any security software not even the windows included software...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.