So beautiful, but will I hurt it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skyyo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. skyyo macrumors member

So today I picked up a regular iphone 7 black. I have been using iphone since iphone 1.0... Is it just me or is this phone seem extra nice? I guess I just really like the all black out look.

Usually every phone in the past I get a thin case to just cover the back. This is the first phone I want to use naked. Does anyone else feel like you are hurting the phone though naked and you throw it on the desk, table etc? Hard to explain but feels like it is so delicate on the back without a case.

2. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

Look at Peel cases. I have one on order but it hasn't shipped yet. It's like not using a case, or so I hear (the sheepskin of iPhone cases, if you will :) ).

I always eventually use my phone naked for short periods of time. It stood up to the key/coin test. I can't imagine that setting it on a desk or table would hurt it seriously.

3. karmamule macrumors 6502a

karmamule

I always use my phones naked. Yes you will get more minor dings & scratches but to me it's worth it for the thinner/lighter feel. YMMV of course.

4. skyyo thread starter macrumors member

I have looked @ Peel but it isn't on Amazon so it is not convenient to order :) Although the cases on Amazon are mostly cheap junk. I may have to try it out though. I have used a lot of cases that say ultra thin but still feel like a case.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    I guess some minor scratches and dings wouldn't matter for my phone anyway since it is At&T Next phone. My 6s that I traded in today at the store has dings and light scratches and they didn't care. I will be upgraded next year again so I guess I better scratch it up :) I do worry about the camera lens though but I know it should not scratch on a desk/table.

5. kovey macrumors 6502a