So Bootcamp drivers for the new laptops suck

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Oct 28, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Can we expect a bootcamp update cos the new glass trackpads simply dont work well in bootcamp. Skipping/jumping etc

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Did you install the drivers from the Mac OS X install disc that came with the MBP?

3. geerlingguy macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

For now, I use a mouse in bootcamp, or I use Fusion (VMWare). They both work pretty well. Otherwise, just wait - I'm certain Apple will update Bootcamp soon.

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Yep but trackpad still very much hard to used. Highly evident that the drivers need maturing

5. eleven2brett macrumors regular

Maybe we can start a petition or something to get those updates!

6. jeff48 macrumors member

The only app I use in Bootcamp is AutoCAD 2009 so the trackpad issue doesn't affect me. I need the precision of a mouse or trackball anyway. The trackpad is basically unusable in Bootcamp at this point. On the other hand, the trackpad works perfectly with Windows apps in Parallels.

7. jonesh macrumors newbie

The trackpad driver for Vista x64 is absolutely horrid. Every time I would try to click and select icons on the desktop, for instance, releasing the mouse button would count as a mouse click and my selection would go away. The only way I could get it to work was using the drag lock on tap function.. which was horrid in itself!

8. Hitch08 macrumors 6502

I am actually glad to see this thread. I have been having a tough time with the trackpad in Windows as well. I'm a Mac noob and I didn't realize that the drivers for trackpad where different between the two....oh well. Hope they update it soon.

Otherwise, I am very happy with the machine.

9. nocoast macrumors member

10. Fidgetyrat macrumors regular

Well considering you can't change to the 9400M And a "2-finger click" is really a "3-finger click" I would say they have some serious issues with the boot camp drivers.

I wonder when we'll see actual drivers for this machine.

11. mumstead macrumors newbie

I have problems with the trackpad in Vista 64 as well. I also have problems with the wireless NIC. The wirelesses works fine but when it is enabled my sound crackles and distorts. If I disable Wireless the audio is fine.

For everything else I have replaced most of the Vista 64 drivers myself. I got the latest HD Audio drivers from the Realtek site in an attempt to resolve my audio issues. The drivers work fine but did not resolve the issue. I have not been able to locate newer Wireless drivers as Broadcomm does not have them available on their web site. I have also replaced the Video drivers with the latest from Laptop Video to Go to enable the Nvidia Physx. Last, I upgraded the chipset drivers. The Nvidia chipset drivers allow you to enable Firstpacket on the wired NIC. There is also Nvidia chipset software that has system monitoring and overclocking options. I have not tried any of the OC stuff but it is now there in my Nvidia Control panel.

12. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

For me, the trackpad is also not really usable.

Plus there is an annoying but that happends just after the installation of Vista: to install the drivers you need to insert the OSX disk but you actually can't eject the Vista installation disk cos the eject button doesnt work. Even if you rickt click on the cd, the Eject doenst work. So you have to reboot, eject the cd, then reboot again to Vista.

13. Andy-V macrumors 6502

I just clicked the drive, then the eject button in Windows Explorer.

Yes, the trackpad actually doesn't work very well at all in windows, complete mess. Took me 5 tries to click the remember me box when I just logged in on these forums.

14. mumstead macrumors newbie

Tex
    If you plug in a USB mouse you can right click the DVD drive in My Computer and eject the disk.

15. eleven2brett macrumors regular

We shouldn't need a mouse to to use our LAPTOP though.

16. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

The trackpad drivers in Windows sucks, period. Regardless of what type of MBP you have. I have a SR and it's absolutely horrid. Scrolling isn't smooth and I can't tap the pad to click.

17. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

No I tries this several times and I got a bit error "Impossible to eject ..."

18. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Yes, the trackpad driver on windows is crap, due to having no deadzone for clicking like it does on os x the cursor inevitably moves half the time when you go to click too.

Also I've noticed, express card hot plugging for proper pcie expresscards, not usb ones, seems to be entirely broken presently too on windows, works fine on OS X.