So can it game?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sdneidich, Feb 24, 2011.

1. sdneidich macrumors member

What sort of games can the new MBP 13 inch handle?
    Specifically, can its graphics card handle Starcraft II?

2. Dreyesbo macrumors newbie

3. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

4. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

5. itripped macrumors member

It should be able to play Starcraft 2 well enough. Even with the intel gpu, that game is more processor intensive, and the 1280x800 resolution is kinda lightweight for graphics load. You might have to disable shadows for better performance, but that's probably about it.

I'm more interested in seeing how well/poorly the low end 13" performs in most common FPS games. I am thinking that it might struggle on the games that have heavier GPU load as compared to other mac models.

6. deeesea macrumors 6502

7. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

lol. Not entirely true as I run all my games in Win 7 on my Mac HW (No boot camp either). If you run Starcraft in Windows on the MBP you will get the best performance. HW is capable of much more than OS X ports will allow.

8. isaac65 macrumors member

What about WoW Cataclysm? How do you guys think the base 13" MBP 2011 will do? What graphic settings do you think it would be able to handle?

9. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

im running 2010 13" with the 320m on on fair i can get anything 70fps ish and upwards in dungeoms / raids etc...

not tinkered fully yet - but can prob up it again and still be playable...

Vinda

10. KPOM macrumors G5

He's asking about the new MacBook Pro 13" with the Intel Integrated Graphics.

Hopefully Anandtech or MacWorld will have some benchmark tests soon.

11. isaac65 macrumors member

I hope they do. My birthday is coming up soon. I'd reall like a 15" but I think it's too much for my needs. Ifnthe 13" can run that game fine, I'm good. I'd really like to be able to run it on high settings. I guess we'll see.

12. Red-red macrumors 6502

You won't be able to run either at anything acceptable.

The graphics chips just aren't good enough. You're looking at the 6750M if you're wanting to play games on these things like they should. Otherwise it's low detail choppiness for you. :(

13. Davichi macrumors 6502

Didn't you all realize what you were asking when you asked for the latest sandy bridge processor?

It was told that if MBP 13 gets intel sandy bridge, then they would lose nvidia or ATi graphic card.

Why is everyone so surprised now?