so, can U actually buy full price iPhone @ apple store as of today? (any carrier)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cub4bearin, Sep 21, 2014.

1. cub4bearin macrumors member

Was trying to find answer to this question but not much luck.
    Theoretically, let say I walk in to apple store and ask for full price iPhone 6 from ATT or Verizon or Sprint.. is it possible (assuming they have enough in stock).. ?
    When I was at the store last week, employee told me it will take at least month to have those in full price. But from reading forum, I have mixed information on that subject. Thank You for your help people :)

2. exizeo macrumors regular

You can.

I paid full price ($700 after tax) for mine.

Space Grey 16GB 4.7

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I paid full price for an AT&T model on lunch day. But its not unlocked.

4. cub4bearin thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for sharing. So what happened to the theory of iPhones being unlocked when purchased at full price in apple retail store?

5. lovelybai macrumors member

You need to let them choose "device only" option while checking out.

Some store refuse to sell full price. You could go to other stores.

6. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

The phone will not be unlocked if you pay full price if it is activated in store. You need to buy the device "device only," go home and restore it thru iTunes.

Tmobile phones at the apple store are confirmed unlocked though, as are Verizon phones. I've had no problems buying it full price. Carrier stores obviously wont go for it, but many apple stores will. Just say device only, thats the magic words.