iPhone So CarTunes isn't gonna get updated it seems

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by CasuallyDressed, Sep 9, 2017.

1. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

Which heavily bums me out because I use it every day. I've tried a few alternatives, and only Listen came close but that is missing some pretty basic features. I'd settle for using the stock Music app if it stopped dimming!

I know a lot of people are using bluetooth or CarPlay at this point, but I'm still rocking a USB lightning connector to my head unit. My phone is cradled and I like how perfectly CarTunes works.

(Plus I paid for it so am slightly peeved he isn't updating it. Is it really that difficult/time consuming to make it 64bit compliant?)

Anyway. Can anyone suggest an alternative? iOS11 will drop in a few days and I don't want to hold myself back from updating just because of one app. And then there's the obvious problem of getting an iPhone 7S/8 and then I'll be on iOS11 whether I like it or not.

2. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

It was last updated over four and a half years ago. I think you can safely assume it's been abandoned.

3. gvmelbrty macrumors newbie

Several posts asking for Cartunes update info on the developer's Facebook page have gone unanswered.

I'll be taking a look at LeechTunes and Ecoute.

4. CasuallyDressed thread starter macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

I’ve tried Ecoute but I personally didn’t like it. LeechTunes looks promising though. I’ll check that one out :)

5. CasuallyDressed thread starter macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

What did you think of LeechTunes? I thought it was ok, my only real gripe is the fact that you can’t just tap on a song to have it play. It seems to force you to make a playlist and then press ‘done’. Hopefully the paid version drops that “feature” but I don’t wanna drop £2 on a hope.