So confused, best plan/phone options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eldiablojoe, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I know you guys have hashed this over to death, but I could sure use your input, please.

I have an iPhone 6 128GB. Mrs. has an iPhone 6+ 128GB. Both phones are on the old AT&T grandfathered unlimited plan.

It is time to upgrade. Best way to make the most money on the old phones, and pay the least on new phones (8/8s or two X's). Looking for:

-Best way to sell the 6 and 6s
    -Best way to get a new phone (don't have a lot of cash up front - will have to go with a plan)
    -Best data packages

2. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

3. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

To me, the best way to sell is on any site reputable for selling stuff, like ebay. If you want to make it better value, replace the battery in it with a new one they are cheap.

Best way to get a new phone, is to save money for it if you want to keep your current plan.

Best data packages come from Tmobile, if your looking to switch to a different carrier. Fastest in the nation if you have coverage in your area.

4. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Thank you, That's great advice and exactly what I did. eBay'ed the phone and then bought the 8.

5. BillyBobT Suspended

Not the 8+?

6. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I'm not trying to say the Plus size phones are for girls, but I like a phone that fits in my pocket, and I don't carry a purse to haul a plus around in.

7. geemiller05 macrumors 6502

Most money for devices...craigslist, eBay, swappa. In that order. No frills “get paid and go”...gazelle, amazon or a retail store trade-in. Carriers and Apple offer monthly payments. So that one is more to do with which carrier you have. Best carrier...if you live in a metro area or somewhere populated by T-Mobile towers, they are hands down the best bang for your buck. If you want exceptional coverage and solid speeds, Vzw. I’m a T-Mobile user.

8. videojanitor macrumors member

videojanitor

If you're old (like me) and need two lines, T-Mobile has a great deal right now. Two lines, unlimited everything, $60/month total (including all fees). That's hard to beat. Only catch is, one of the two people has to be over 55. My wife and I switched over to this plan about a month ago -- so far, so good.

9. BillyBobT Suspended

I wish I was old