Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
so i have 75 GB hardrive after partitioned my 100 GB....
anyways i'm starting to think that i have many doubles (songs) because i only have like 4 GB left... I only have about 3,000 songs in 14 GB in my iTunes, and 5GB of pictures, and that's all i care about... how do i find out what the hell is taking over my computer

i want to consolidate my itunes library...but i don't want it to copy everything again...i don't have enough room for that...i just want it to move all my music into one place...

any help would be much appreciated...

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
How about sorting by file/folder size in the Finder? It takes some time for the system to calculate the folder sizes, but by working top down you should be able to find out what's filling up your hard drive.

Of course you shouldn't delete any files in the System or Library folders, exept you know what you're doing.

Cinematographer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2005
far away
I'm not sure about this. But wasn't there a programm with which you could automatically delete the originals inside the iPhoto Library when you had a revised version of that picture. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.