So custom SMS tones or not with iOS4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doom878, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Doom878 macrumors member

Can we finally change them? Was it unannounced?

2. Doom878 thread starter macrumors member

3. cwubbels macrumors regular

cwubbels

Minor Problems
    1.Chattiness. Use the forums to discuss the topic of the thread, not as a substitute for Instant Messaging.

2.Profanity. The profanity filter is there for a reason. Do not circumvent it by using the language we intend to exclude or disguising those words. If a word is replaced by asterisks when you Preview or Submit a post, you know it's on the list.

3.Thread titles. Use thread titles that indicate the subject of the thread, not generic titles such as "Need help". Moderators may change thread titles that have no specifics, usually by adding something more specific in parentheses.

4.One thread. Do not post a thread more than once. Post a new thread in the proper forum. If the topic is relevant to more than one forum, pick the best fit or most specific forum and post it only once.

5.One post. Do not post multiple messages with the same content. One post in the most appropriate thread is sufficient.

6.Sequential posts. Combine your comments into one post rather than making many consecutive posts to a thread within a short period of time.

7.Signature size. Signatures may not be over 4 lines in height. Signatures may not be more than 200 characters and spaces in length, not counting vB Code tags, and at most 400 characters including the tags. They should not have blank lines or lines consisting solely of punctuation (dashes, equal signs, etc.), or use vBulletin features, such as "INDENT" and "QUOTE" tags, that produce unnecessary vertical space. We recommend using a single paragraph, without linebreaks.

8.Avatar and signature content. Avatars and signatures, as well as other profile fields, must comply with all forum rules, including those against profanity, explicit sexual content, insults against groups or individuals, referral links, and cannot be in other ways offensive. Members will be required to change avatars or signatures that are deemed too controversial or that are particularly annoying or distracting to other members. Note that signatures may include links to your own site or business as long as you do not make posts whose purpose is to call attention to your signature.

9.Simulated signatures. Signatures must be set in the User Control Panel and not simulated within posts, so that other members can choose whether or not to display them. You may not use automated software such as FoxyTunes Signatunes to insert content into your posts.

10.Selling outside the Marketplace. All threads offering items for sale or trade, asking to buy items, or asking for pricing advice on items to be sold must be posted in the Marketplace forum, which is accessible only to qualified members and subject to additional rules; see the Marketplace Rules for details. Members not eligible for the Marketplace forum may not start threads elsewhere for such purposes.

11.Bumps. Posts that bring a thread to the top of the New Posts list but add no content to the thread (bumps) are not permitted. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump, e.g. posts saying "anyone?" or the equivalent.

12.Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. Examples: Don't correct members who spell Mac in all caps or who call the iPod touch an iTouch.

13.Failing to search. If you have a question, it may already have been asked and answered in the forums. If you have an issue to discuss, there may already be a discussion about it. Set a good example by searching for existing threads before starting a new thread. When other people (especially new members) fail to search and start new threads on old topics, don't scold them or make them feel unwelcome. The best way to be helpful is by posting a link to a previous relevant thread.

14.Common sense. In the end, use common sense. When you are about to post messages just to increase your post count, or post something you think is funny at someone else's expense, or just to make the first post in a news thread, think to yourself "Is this annoying?" If the answer is yes, don't do it.

4. cmwall macrumors regular

Apple giving us a really easy-to-create feature? Are you kidding? You must have lost your mind.

5. Doom878 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response

6. peteullo macrumors regular

From what I have read it would be a big NO. Very disappointing :apple:

7. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Mmmm find that pretty sad, but not a dealbreaker. I mean, in 2005, i could do that with my lil motorola. But we cant do it on a much fancier gadget. Very interesting. :apple:

8. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

this is one feature I thought about keeping my JB for.. however the other features that were taken from the JB seem to be done better by the (for lack of a better word) legit ios.

Im still not done (started over an hour ago) installing apps now cant wait to try the phone.. plus I actually need to use my phone lol