So delivers on March 16th. When would it ship?

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Hey Guys,

So I know my new iPad is delivered March 16th. When would it ship? What I mean it when should I get an email that it shipped? I was thinking Wednesday? I need to sell my iPad 2 then on next Thursday.

Does anyone know when it would ship? thanks again

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Hey Guys,

So I know my new iPad is delivered March 16th. When would it ship? What I mean it when should I get an email that it shipped? I was thinking Wednesday? I need to sell my iPad 2 then on next Thursday.

Day or two before usually, depending on distance from main hub. :)

[/thread]

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4s: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Like normal it'll be co-ordinated with ups pallets will be shipped in advance with a 'split' date then shipped more locally then shipped on there 'release' date.

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Hey Guys,

i'm gonna say by monday.

xmarcuswildx

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Order says now preparing to ship

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Shipping date would vary depending on YOUR location. The day before delivery they are sitting in the UPS or FedEx shipping hub for some. Where ever they are they should be delivered on the 16th during normal business hours for business addresses and as late as 8pm for residential

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
It's going to depend entirely where it's being shipped from, and where it's going. If we are talking U.S. delivery, in recent launches Apple has had some stock warehoused state-side ready to go, but once that was sold product started shipping direct from China.

Bottom line is that the iPads will be shipping between now and next Thursday and there is no way to tell when anyones will ship until it ships. But if Apple says the 16th then, barring a problem w/ the carrier or customs, you'll get it on the 16th, or maybe, Apple permitting, a day before (like the iPhone 4).

Don't freak out when you see everyone here showing a "shipped" screen page and yours still says processing. It means nothing unless you get an "uh oh" email from Apple, which means your CC was rejected or tried to order too many iPads.

Scuba-EMT

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Solomons Island, MD
I just received the email that mine shipped from China this morning. I had mine engraved so I expected shipment from the factory instead of a propositioned one.

macguy360

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2011
I got an email yesterday, mine has shipped with tracking number and all. Tracking number doesn't pull up anything yet though.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
I wouldn't spend too much time with tracking the order, it will be in your hand on 16th.;)
True, and you'll just get your panties in a bunch when the customs paperwork shows up in Memphis before the ipad reaches Alaska. :D

The Bronx Bull

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Question for those that have order iPad's via shipping prior to this:

At the time of checkout, Apple said it "may require a signature"; what is everyone's plan to ensure they get theirs, albeit the fact that most of us will be at work?

7even

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2008
Question for those that have order iPad's via shipping prior to this:

At the time of checkout, Apple said it "may require a signature"; what is everyone's plan to ensure they get theirs, albeit the fact that most of us will be at work?
At least for me, last time I pre-ordered something it was delivered at like 8:something AM. I imagine for many receiving the phone won't be a problem :p Worst case you can probably pick it up from FedEx/UPS at the end of the day.