So, did Anti-Glare fix the screen...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DDar, Jan 7, 2009.

1. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

Or is it still useless for Graphic design use? =S

2. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

Post an example of your personal graphics work here, so we can understand your needs better.

3. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

http://dragonicdarkness.deviantart.com/gallery/

I'm not exactly the best... Yet... =P

All I'm saying is, for anybody going into art the Matte screens are a godsend. For example, my 17'' MBPs screen is about 90-100% print-faithful, and everything on my screen that looks good usually looks amazing on other screens that are pretty much everywhere. =/ That's VERY useful for those of us sending online portfolios but don't have the cash to buy an external Monitor AND a $3000 computer. =/

Whereas, the work I produced on an iMac (which, from what I've seen, has a similar screen to the UniMBPs) usually had very different colors when viewed from other monitors or when printed. =S
    It took me aged of eye-calibrating to get that thing to be even useable for the time before I got my MBP. (Which was like, a week or two before the UniMBPs came out. xD)

Not all of us have the money pros do, but some of us need to try and compete with them. Y'know?

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

So you're saying you already have a 17" Macbook Pro with a matte screen? If so, the new one with the anti-glare should be the exact same.

5. Mercellus macrumors regular

The new antiglare option available on the 17-inch MacBook Pro should be identical to the technique used before, which is why the bezel is silver instead of black - Apple actually had to create two different bezel styles, one which holds glass and the other which is just a plain bezel. The LCD display panel in the 15-inch MacBook Pro (Late 2008) is actually matte, but with the glass on top of it.

6. DDar thread starter macrumors 6502

DDar

So what then? The Anti-Glare Option has no glass or what? <_<
    (Hey, they refer to the Glass as "traditional Glossy" on the apple site. So it's gotta have SOME sort of treatment...)

7. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It is just like the matte Macbook Pro screens from the past.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Its the same as the previous glossy MBP's but apparently with a better anti-glare coating.