Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwrairen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Did your new iPad fit in your iPad 2 case? Please include what case you have.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Yes, please tell mine will be here in the next few hours and I have no confirmation of any case that will actually fit it...Need a rear shell UK not pre-order...Express delivered tomorrow....I can wait for the Stilgut fancy case..but I've got to have rear protection...

bubbaguuump

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
...That's what she said?!

Couldn't resist lol. Delirious with anticipation and can't sleep! Come on FedEx I'll give you some hot coco if you deliver now - I mean tech is it before 3pm :)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
...That's what she said?!

Couldn't resist lol. Delirious with anticipation and can't sleep! Come on FedEx I'll give you some hot coco if you deliver now - I mean tech is it before 3pm :)

I'm 55 and I confess to being excited too! ATV3 and ipad3 are "Out for delivery" Now...Probably be about noon I reckon...I was serious about the shell though....It's weird how it's all pre-ordero only here in the UK but back home there are plenty to choose from....Might have to resort to walmart tomorrow and see if they have anything.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Can anybody who has received their iPad tell me if either of these cases will fit? The black leather is a Griffin ipad2 folio type, and the horrible white silicone is the only thing I have that MIGHT fit the rear as a shell for now.

Attachments

• Griffin1.png
    Griffin1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • Griffin2.png
    Griffin2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • Silicone1.png
    Silicone1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • Silicone2.png
    Silicone2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • Both.png
    Both.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 105

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Can anybody who has received their iPad tell me if either of these cases will fit? The black leather is a Griffin ipad2 folio type, and the horrible white silicone is the only thing I have that MIGHT fit the rear as a shell for now.

This is just a guess, but the Griffin will probably fit. Leather is pliable, so it should be able to accommodate the added thickness. Silicone should fit as well for the same reason, unless it was a really tight fit on the iPad 2.

Xanthos

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
I've been wanting to get the TuneWear EGGSHELL.

If you look at their order page, it claims to fit both iPad 2 & 3.

TuneWear is a reputable case company, but I'm not sure if I should take their words for it.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
This is just a guess, but the Griffin will probably fit. Leather is pliable, so it should be able to accommodate the added thickness. Silicone should fit as well for the same reason, unless it was a really tight fit on the iPad 2.

I never even put it on the two, but that's good to know....As long as the back is covered I can use my 12 South stand and I;m good to go...Then I can wait on the Stilgut I want or pre-order it...:cool:

kapalua12

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
United States
I bought the Sena Leather Folio case for the iPad 3 which they claim is for the iPad 3. Will find out today if it is indeed a good fit. I hope the camera hole is large enough for the new iPad. Are the camera holes (rear) the same size?

Kind of expensive but I have one for my iPad 1 and love it.

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
I bought the Sena Leather Folio case for the iPad 3 which they claim is for the iPad 3. Will find out today if it is indeed a good fit. I hope the camera hole is large enough for the new iPad. Are the camera holes (rear) the same size?

Kind of expensive but I have one for my iPad 1 and love it.

I have to ask - why didn't you just order the one they have for the iPad 3?

fifi77

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
London
My Kensington Protective Cover & Stand case doesn't fit. One corner won't quite pop in to one of the corners of the back hardshell. A bit gutted as this was my favourite case.

I bought a Targus Click-In Case for the iPad 2 as a back up and am pleased to say that it fits perfectly :)

Last edited:

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
I bought a Targus Click-n Case for the iPad 2 as a back up and am pleased to say that it fits perfectly :)

Very interesting! There must have been quite a bit of tolerance in the case (well a couple of mm :cool:) Awesome! I want to try my wifes belkin snap case, hopefully that would fit and I can go buy one on clearance!

fifi77

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
London
Very interesting! There must have been quite a bit of tolerance in the case (well a couple of mm :cool:) Awesome! I want to try my wifes belkin snap case, hopefully that would fit and I can go buy one on clearance!

The two cases I mentioned are pretty similar in style, but I could tell the Targus one had a bit more tolerance, which is why I bought it as a back up.
It's a bit like having the Smart Cover with a back attached, not a bad case at all.

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
The two cases I mentioned are pretty similar in style, but I could tell the Targus one had a bit more tolerance, which is why I bought it as a back up.
It's a bit like having the Smart Cover with a back attached, not a bad case at all.

Where can i buy that Targus click-in case?

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico

Awesome dude! Yep, the smart cover + rear hard shell is my preference as well. I actually like that Targus case quite a bit.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC

That Folio should be no problem but that silicone one may need the camera hole enlarged just slightly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.