Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.


macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2016
I have tried it, but it's not yet intuitive. It's just a question of getting used to it, in the end.

I know you can remap modifier keys like Caps Lock to be a physical escape key. The perfect candidate for me would be the useless one next to the '1' key which has +- and some other squiggly thing on it. I have never ever used it (UK English keyboard), and it's the top left physical key, like Escape used to be. So this would be great, but it's not one of the options in System Preferences. Maybe there's some third party software that can remap this key to Escape.
I believe you can use this:
I have been happy using my caps lock though.
  • Like
Reactions: steve-p
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.