iPod So.... Do The New Nanos Scratch Easily?

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Not that I can see. I put a screen protector over my black 8 gb, but the rest of the ipod looks really good so far. I'll let you guys know in a few days.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
iMeowbot said:
If they are built like the old minis (and it sure does look that way), they will take plenty of abuse.
Yeah, they seem pretty resistant... I'm only slightly worried about the screen... I guess I'll know in a few days! :)

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
My old Mini is basically scratch-free, and it's always been naked. I did drop it on pavement, etc. and got a few dings as a result. If the coating/finish is the same, the new nanos should be fine.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
nosen said:
But seriously, they HAVE to be better than the 1G nano's.... right? :eek:
That is not setting the bar very high. The prior ones looked like they traveled to hell and back in no time at all. With a minimum standard of care, the new ones should be fine for the entire period of ownership.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
I'm hoping I can buy one and not need to buy another case for it and be able to take it to the gym. I have an iSkin but I heard that they aren't compatible. Maybe if I cut another hole in the bottom of it that might work?

farqueue

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
why cant they make the screen like the on that Motorola v3 razr has??? i have my keys and stuff together with the phone and it hasnt scratched one bit

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
One of the guys at the local Apple Store (Charlotte) told me yesterday that he's pretty sure the new 2G nano screens are tough Lexan, not the easily-scratched soft non-Lexan polycarbonate of the 1G nano's screen. (Yes, Lexan is A form of polycarbonate, but there are others.) He put his fingernail to the screen of a new nano pretty hard, and I didn't see any scratching.

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
My girlfriend just bought an 8GB black nano and it has 2 scratches on it right below the screen. She didn't notice until she got home, now we have to go back to the store and return it in the morning. I'm not sure if it's a sign of thing to come, but the black looks like it can be easily scratched/scuffed.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Just to let you know the iskin for the 1G nano DOES fit the 2G not a perfect fit but it will hold it

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
dan-o-mac said:
My girlfriend just bought an 8GB black nano and it has 2 scratches on it right below the screen. She didn't notice until she got home, now we have to go back to the store and return it in the morning. I'm not sure if it's a sign of thing to come, but the black looks like it can be easily scratched/scuffed.
I tired to scratch my black nano and couldn't on the case, but the click wheel has a few marks now. Nothing major, and you can only really see it if your looking for it. I think they are pretty tough.

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Koodauw said:
I tired to scratch my black nano and couldn't on the case, but the click wheel has a few marks now. Nothing major, and you can only really see it if your looking for it. I think they are pretty tough.
:eek: Dude your crazy for trying to scratch your ipod! It's good to know that they don't scratch easily. maybe my girl just got a defective model.