So do you guys sleep better now?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Hansana, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Hansana macrumors member

How's Night mode suiting you?
    I thought I won't like but it's so much better during the night.

2. se95dah macrumors member

Can't wait to try it. I don't dare to run a beta OS on my phone but looking forward to the final release.

3. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

I installed the beta 9.3 on my iPad Mini 4 a couple of days ago, but not on my phone. I tried to only use the iPad last evening, and, frankly, did not notice a difference.

That said, though, I can sleep through a tornado, and caffeine doesn't bother me - drink a pot of coffee, crawl in bed and sleep like a baby. Not sure I'm a good one to review the whole blue light reduction thing. :cool:o_O

4. Borin macrumors regular

Borin

I like being able to check my phone at 3AM without my eyes melting, but being an insomniac it hasn't made a difference to my actual ability to sleep. Not that I expected it to.

5. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

I sleep well all the time.....simple....I am not using any iDevice at night....have better things to do :)

6. RebornProphet Suspended

Night Shift actually gives me headaches, so I turn it off. I appreciate that many will enjoy this feature though.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Doesn't impact my sleep at all but my eyes are happier from less strain.

8. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

Not life changing, but I do like it. Definitely less harsh.

9. Act3 macrumors 65816

definitely easier on the eyes, a nice feature being added by Apple. Haven't noticed any change in sleep yet but time will tell as it has only been a few days since I've installed the beta on my iPad.

10. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

I notice lower eye fatigue and hence I keep it on for the whole day.

11. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

Although it's been found that blue light effects all parts of our sleep, I think the most evident and noticeable difference will be in the ability to fall asleep more easily after using a device late at night. You most likely aren't going to be saying "hey I sleep better now!". But you very well may find that you can get to sleep more easily.

For me it's one of the best improvements to iOS in a while. But I've been a f.lux user for many years and have experienced the benefits that come with its long term use.

12. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

If only they would copy other jailbreak tweaks. Obviously saying that they devised it.

13. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's interesting how separately implementing the same type of functionality is copying and taking credit. What about all those different developers over the years that created calculator apps or text editors or stock apps or browsers--everyone must be just copying and taking credit for it all in all those cases it would seem.

Anyway, that's not here nor here as far as this bread goes though, so no need to derail it further (especially since that type of dicussion is already going on in a few other threads about that particular topic).

14. QuickDraw macrumors regular

15. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Results, if any, can be observed in the long period...

16. bahndoos macrumors 6502

bahndoos

No, that would be quite unexpected, and unprecedented ;)
    But suppose it did do that - the new iPhone actually helped you sleep. If you thought Apple is making crazy money now....

17. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I have been using the beta on my phone and iPad with the warmth on max. Definitely looks better late at night but I'm still unsure if I'm sleeping better. Definitely something that you need to look at over the long term.

18. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

It definitely minimizes eye strain in the dark, can tell you that much.

19. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Mine didn't turn off as per schedule today. I had to toggle it off than on again for it to bring my blues back, 2.5 hours after the fact.

20. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

21. campyguy macrumors 68030

Never have a problem sleeping. I eat 8-10 dried tart cherries about 6-8 hours before hitting the sack, sometimes soak them in a finger of Bourbon - un dedo, mi amigos. Oh, we're discussing iOS 9.3... My bad...

22. vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

Easier on the eyes, but no significant difference. I sleep just as fine.

23. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

It's definitely been a saver for me on my iPhone 6s+, I like to check my phone at night when I wake up briefly to check the time, I also like that now my sleep has been less broken, and more continuous.

24. EdwardSmith36 macrumors regular

I haven't used it yet because I never needed that for em to get peaceful sleep. Well, let me try ones to see the difference.

25. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Same, which is good, because I like to wake up early and start my day with a long safari. Now that I'm getting better sleep, my safari is snappier.