So, do you guys think Nvidia 9600m GT could be defective?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Oct 15, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I know its new and all but do you think nvidia has learned its lesson and the 9600m GT cards are totally safe?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I don't agree... come to think of it, if nVidia wasn't sure about it, we can't be either.
    I dunno about the rest, but how can you possibly trust their chipset, maybe that's buggy too?

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If a 747 blows up because of an electrical fire, and Boeing knows who it came from and how it got that way, do you think they will wait for another massive loss of life before they do anything? Wont' they take extra precautions next time to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Nvidia took a hit of +200m on ONE revision of their main graphics lineup going bad and since graphics is their main bread and butter (well...atleast consumer applications may be a large chunk of revenue) i'm sure they will straighten up.

If it was really , REALLY, bad, Apple would have went to ATI.

5. gothamm macrumors 6502a

off topic here, but why would you assume that Boeing cares about life?

the answer to your question is a big resounding YES...yes they will wait for another massive loss of life, if the compensation for grievances to the families of the victims is less than that of doing a recall of their planes.

haven't you seen Fight Club?

6. gothamm macrumors 6502a

OP you haven't got much to worry about. If its a faulty chip, you can take it to an apple store. I mean, us apple customers take our products to apple stores for MUCH less valid -and sometimes ridiculous- reasons, so i am sure they will fix a major issue like this.