So do you need a smartphone if you have iPad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PDFierro, Oct 24, 2012.

1. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I see some people commenting that they are getting the mini to go with their iPhone 5. And even some saying they won't need an iPhone anymore, or can just keep their dumbphone.

What about you? I have a regular flip phone now that has an amazing battery, and I plan to have my iPad mini with me all the time. But a smartphone would be really useful, so I'm not sure myself.

2. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

if you have a cheap flip with an inexpensive contract, go for an iPad with LTE

3. rMacBookPro macrumors member

4. cloud25 macrumors newbie

I also have a basic phone. To be honest, I always wanted a smartphone but I never managed to pull the trigger. I can afford one but at the end of the day, I always ask myself if I need one and it's usually a no. My Macbook Pro and iPod Touch have served me well along the years to fill in those missing gaps.

But I must say the new iPhone 5 is very attractive to me. So are the new iPads... I might finally end up pulling the trigger and getting both this year but they also seem quite redundant... yet both are different enough to warrant discussion... ahhhh!

5. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

cheap flip phone for phone calls and texts from non ios users. everything else an lte ipad will do and bigger screen is nice.

6. Vizin, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013