Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
What's the term for when someone bends the truth and gets everyone else to believe it and run with the false truth the way the OP has?

DanteMann

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
What's the term for when someone bends the truth and gets everyone else to believe it and run with the false truth the way the OP has?

Buddy forget the OP, what's your answer to my response to you. Do you have something against FACTS?

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
For me when it comes to looks in general (phones, cars, people, etc...), I find it's the ones where the looks grow on you that have the longest life. And when you read most of the reviews of the GS3, people are saying it looks better in person than in pics or video. In fact the people that originally didn't like the looks in general are now warming up to the design when you read all the blogs. They also are strongly expressing that it feels incredibly comfortable in the hand. Samsung made the right choice with the design. I don't like white, but for some reason I think it looks good on this phone. I'll actually be picking up a white one.

What you described is precisely my position, not just regarding its aesthetics, but also the software and overall features. My initial response was that it was a mediocre update, but after reading, watching videos, learning more about its features, and seeing more screen shots of the device itself, it's grown on me. I can't believe I've been saying this, but: I actually don't mind TouchWiz. And I can't wait to try the device out in person at stores.

The SIII is an incredibly significant upgrade from the SII (far more significant than the 4S was to the 4. And even though I'm rooting for an awesome iPhone update, I'm going to bet also a more significant update than even the iPhone 5/6th Gen will be to the 4S).

Having said that, I'm still going to hang tight to my GSM Galaxy Nexus to see what the new iPhone and new Nexus devices bring later this year before I make any moves.

And I still think the back of the SIII is hideous. -_-'

SurferMan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2010
South FL
Having said that, I'm still going to hang tight to my GSM Galaxy Nexus to see what the new iPhone and new Nexus devices bring later this year before I make any moves.

And I still think the back of the SIII is hideous. -_-'
Yeh I'm interested in seeing what the next Nexus devices are like later this year, and hopefully they don't gimp them on the camera again. Kinda hoping we'll still see some kick ass phones in the 4.3" range, that's what I love most about my GSII, just a great size being not small nor big. I'm fine for now though as this phone just kicks plain ass on shostock2 Rom. I'm going to have to see how the GSIII and others in the 4.8" range feel in actual use.

And pry replace the 4S with the next iPhone on that line too.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011

I don't know the term, but you should as that's what your doing with your insulting post. Where am I bending the truth? You've just been schooled by another poster and attack me rather than answer him/her. How embarrassing.

0m3ga

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2012
Ok we know Apple thinks the Galaxy S3 looks like an iPhone, but do you actually agree with this. Will the average shopper pick up a Galaxy S3 and think they are holding an iPhone?

If you beleve the S3 looks like an iPhone, then the same can be said for the iPhone looking like the LG Prada. Who is copying whom again?

iphonevske850wm.jpg

Dangerous Theory

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2011
UK
They look about as similar as any phone does. I love my GS3 design overall. The front is amazing but i do agree the back is a little lacklustre, especially the speaker and LED either side of the camera. Anyway, thats by the by because i don't spend time staring at the back.

Some of the so called patent infringements Apple are calling Samsung out over are so ridiculous and petty they shouldn't even be patentable. Some things just HAVE to be similar across hardware and software platforms. I can't stand patent monopolisation.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
the SIII is the first phone running Android to really make me curious. I think it looks great, and all the demos I've seen make me want to spend a couple hours with one. I'm not ready to jump ship or anything, but I think that Samsung is the biggest threat to the iPhone. They are really starting to "get it" unlike the other Android manufacturers out there. My very first cell was a Samsung and that thing was a tank- I've always admired their build quality.

Kinda hope one of my friends picks up an SIII soon so I can check it out.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
I would certainly hope nobody mistakes that massive chunk of plastic for a the gorgeous stainless steel and glass iPhone. If they do they may need glasses.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Yes, it looks like an iPhone.

Ever since Google copied iOS, you're bound to have slim rectangular bricks that are all screen.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
When did Apple say they think it looks like an iPhone?

From my understanding, the current round of lawsuits involve S-Voice, not the look of the phone itself. I know it's really hard to keep up with the petty squabbling so you can be forgiven for not realising that :p

PacificBeach

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
Honestly, if you don't flip the SIII around to the back, it actually looks nicer than the iPhone. I think the back of the SIII is hideous, while the front looks quite nice.

Conversely, I think the front of the iPhone looks bad (something about the large and unused bezel looks, I don't know, comical now...), but the sides/back are gorgeous.

: shrug :

The SIII's front is really quite beautiful:

IMO.

PS. Sorry about the large sizes.

Man these pics make my white iphone look dated, thick and shows that it has too much wasted space on the front THAT should have been used for screen space :mad:

Last edited:

ndpuckhead

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2012
No more than a Chevy looks like a Ford. These threads are really getting stupid. If you really care what someone else buys for a phone,you need to get a life, or a girlfriend.

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Ok we know Apple thinks the Galaxy S3 looks like an iPhone, but do you actually agree with this. Will the average shopper pick up a Galaxy S3 and think they are holding an iPhone?

iPhone on this picture looks outdated. This home button is so old looking ...

Indy21

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
Geez! The screen of the GIII is the same size as the entire iPhone! LoL :D

I have to admit, I love the iPhone and all but if Apple won't up the screen size this time around...hmmmm, well, ya know....:rolleyes:

PacificBeach

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011

Man these pics make my white iphone look dated, thick and shows that it has too much wasted space on the front THAT should have been used for screen space :mad:

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
The Galaxy S III doesn't even look that much larger than the iPhone. And it's rather good looking as well. Hmmmm...

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010

That picture, just makes the iPhone look so outdated, it's not fair. Seriously, if you are buying a new phone now, who the hell would get an iPhone over the Galaxy S3, don't be an iSheep, use your brain.

The iPhone still has a home screen with the app drawer always open look :( And that huge bezel on the top and bottom, such wasted space, modern phones should have edge to edge screen, and very little bezel around. And that thumb button LOL, wow, that thing has got to go already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.