So does anybody really care about the white iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brien, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I'm beginning to think that us who are holding out here on MR are the minority. None of the blogs, media, etcetera are really covering the lack of a white iPhone except maybe in passing. There's hardly any sight of it in promotional advertising, and there are only a handful of (dying) threads here on MR itself. We've still not heard a peep from Apple, and it doesn't seem to bother anyone.

Does anyone feel like they're the minority?

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

Is it because there is absolutely no point in discussing it until it's available?

The thing is sexy looking but I doubt AT&T or Apple will let any info slip out on it..

3. JonboyDC macrumors regular

I think the black iPhones have generally outsold the white since the 3G was rolled out. So it's not surprising to me that a majority would still prefer the black.

I'd love information about when we might actually be able to get the new white phone, but I certainly don't feel like lack of discussion here invalidates my choice to hold out for the phone I want.

4. Ninakix macrumors newbie

Yesss, I want white as well. It's annoying, remember back in the day when white was the only color it came in!? :p

5. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

Yeah, I'm quite annoyed that there hasn't been any "leaks" of information or more gadget blogs haven't been publicly criticizing Apple regarding the white iPhone.

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The three things I hate the most in this world (in order from most hated to least hated)

1. White iPhone

2. Threads about white iPhone

3. Space Hitler

7. TJunkers macrumors 6502a

TJunkers

Yeah, I am waiting for the White iPHone. I have a Black 3G right now and am so pissed off with Apple about them not releasing any info. Even if they said, hey its not going to be available till at least August, id' be happy. I just want some news!

But I will wait it out. I've been waiting 2 years with the 3G iPhone, whats another couple months?

8. supercaliber macrumors regular

nobody cares about the white iphone, i do, but not really

i want a white iphone because with a simple screen cover I can change the color to blue, or green :)

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

Black has always been the most popular color of the two, even in the past. Judging from the polls in the past, MacRumors prefer black over white. I like the white better, but I said forget that, I want my iPhone NOW. I'll put a white case on it. I'm not waiting weeks or months for the white one when I can have the black one tomorrow.

10. dwella1 macrumors member

The black is so much more popular that I think they just converted anything in white to black to try and keep up, I dont think you will see white till the demand for black slows down to at least a speeding train. Just my opinion

d1

11. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I care, personally. I am waiting out the storm for a white one. I'm patient and would rather get what I want. :)

12. jshbckr macrumors 6502

I've posted a few times about the white iPhone and it seems like there is some sort of backlash.

It's strange because it's almost like people here don't realize that white iPhones have been sold alongside black iPhones ever since the 3G. The original 3G came out in black and whtie. The 3GS came out in black and white. The iPhone 4 was shown off quite a bit in white (it seemed like every tech blog with a "hands on preview" was using a white iPhone.)

It's bizarre that they would show it and announce it, even have it on the Apple Store pre-order page alongside the black, but then never give us information on it.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be waiting for it. It's just strange that they didn't come out and say "There was a production issue with the white, it will be available a week/two weeks/a month after launch."

13. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Of course people still care about the white phone. I'm not going to cave in and buy a black one now when the earliest I might get it is next week. I don't have all night to camp out at the one store in town that might have more than 30 phones (best buy). My two local walmarts might combine for 10 phones. The AT&T store which is a now a brick and more itunes application won't take walk ins until next week. Apple won't get a penny from me until they release the white iPhones. Simple as that.

14. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I like the look of the white the most from the press photos but still want to see the white next to hte black for my self just to make up my mind, I do know one thing though, if I was to go white everyone else I know wouldn't have one

15. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I am waiting. I don't care about getting the iPhone within the initial release. Everybody is just hyped up because it is new, myself included. Within a couple weeks, the iPhone 4 will be old news. The white ones will become available, eventually.

16. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

I care. My Walmart is carrying a few White iPhone 4's and I really am going to try and get it.

17. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

I did care about the white, but the silly games Apple are playing by not having the decency to give out even the tiniest bit of information have pissed me off. So they can stick their phone. I'll keep my 3Gs.

18. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I do care to a certain extent. But apple has really let me down. A company that claims to be "for the customers", and no decency to the thousands of people who would've ordered white? Severely disappointed.