So, does anyone want to make me an icon?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SkippyThorson, Jul 31, 2009.

1. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Alright, I have this idea going, but first off, I wanted to ask for an icon to inspire me.

It's probably going to be the only thing I'll do, and so I have an idea - I want it to have something to do with S and T. Simple, sweet, and recognizable.

Not only will I use it as an icon, but I'll sport it as an avatar to get the word out, but it's not like I need multiple versions in multiple sizes. One little icon will do fine/

I don't want to give out any ideas, as ideas are easily taken, but I had to ask - is anyone up for the challenge?

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

How about this one? It has an S and a T in it. It's also got extensive comedic value for anyone posting after you. I can even custom colour it in if you like.

[​IMG]

3. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

In order to be made an icon, you have to have done something great, or else be able to be pixelated in a 32x32 square. :D

4. iTeleport macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Of course I'll sort an icon out for you. I'll take either $100 and 5% royalties or a $1500 flat payment.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You'll find contact information here for three artists who did icon designs for MacRumors.

6. iMacMad macrumors member

DIY Kit

You may need three Applications depending on the effect you want.
    Two Applications you could need can be obtained FOC, just Google for both, and one is probably on your Mac already.

1. To produce the Artwork you need a drawing/sketching application:

You could try Google SketchUp, the free version not the Pro! Or search for a simpler application.

2. Download "img2icns" also free

3. Preview is already part of OSX Leopard if you want a cut out 'ST' as shown in the attachment.

As I assume you are bright enough to develop an App for the iPhone, you should be capable of working through the Help Files for the applications you will need.
    It is your lucky day if this is what you want, my initials are 'ST', the attached when originally produced took just a couple of minutes feel free to use it.
    This system does not permit 'ST,icns' to be uploaded so use the 'ST.png' file, right click and chose 'Save Image as' say 'ST.png' then drag it to the appropriate area in img2icns, bingo you have an ST Icon in the form of ST.icns. Note img2icns may save ST.png on the Desktop by default

Attached Files:

• ST.png
      ST.png
      File size:
      46.9 KB
      Views:
  7. SkippyThorson thread starter macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

As helpless as some are, others certainly made up for it.

And of course, nothing is in it for anyone - other than my love and admiration, was anyone really honestly expecting due payment? :p Righttt.

I'll keep those apps in mind - Q and MacMad, many thanks. To all else, please return my lost time, please and thank you.

8. iMacMad macrumors member

Good Luck ST

Note my post above has been slightly edited in the last couple sentences.

Best of luck with your project.

9. candyman macrumors regular