Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlockEight88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
I am confused. I want to pick up another unlocked iPhone directly from Apple, but there seems to be a lot of confusion on which model they offer. I'd like the new unlocked model just to future proof my phone, or incase I decide to jump to T-Mobile.

I originally thought Apple will offer this model April 12th? So if I purchased an unlocked iPhone from them tonight it would be the old model which includes:

HSPA+ 21 and LTE on AT&T 850/1900mhz, LTE 1700mhz/2100, 700mhz
HSPA+ 21 1900mhz on T-Mobile and their LTE

???

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Old model, you could order the new one through tmobile starting today. But after the 12th, they will all be the new model.

BlockEight88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 20, 2013
Old model, you could order the new one through tmobile starting today. But after the 12th, they will all be the new model.

Would be most practical to order it through T-Mobile outright, but on their website they give no option to buy the phone without their service. I am very happy with AT&T. T-Mobile isn't great here, for now.

I'd pre-order it in a second from T-Mobile if I didn't have to buy their service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.