So don't pull from the top when removing the bumper...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by puggles, Jul 9, 2010.

1. puggles macrumors regular

The head phone jack is now a permanant oval shape which I can see the sides of the iPhone through and the top is very loose. I really wish they would have continued the hard plastic all the way around.

2. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I've been wondering just what the proper way to remove the bumper is, without possible damage to either the bumper or the iphone...

3. puggles thread starter macrumors regular

Pulling out the side and pushing down on the phone seems to work good for me but that might be because my bumper is pretty loose now.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Also pulling off the bumper can cause havoc with a screen protector or back protector. It can pull it up, off or just damage it. Once the bumpers on leave it on. Of course now that it's not compatible with many docks (the Apple one also) that's a real problem. :mad:

5. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

I dont see how your going to damage the iphone with a bit of rubber, simple solution remove from bottom sides first

6. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Wait, what? Do you mean the Apple bumper that I have ordered from the online store does not fit with the apple dock that was already delivered?

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Yup, believe it or not. The iphone4 dock does no fit the iPhone 4 with bumper. Crazy as it sounds. I'm taking a dremel to mine. :mad:

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

OK. So, can I return my dock to a brick apple store or do I have to go through the online store where I bought it. I can't believe they sold me two incompatible accessories on the same order!

9. Stay Tuned macrumors member

Along with holding the phone wrong, you are also removing the bumper wrong.

Stay tuned.

Steve
    Sent from my iPhone

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Man, you are obsessed with the whole holding it wrong thing.

11. computermilk macrumors 6502

Ultra troll is ultra troll.

12. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I don't blame him for being bitter....just look at all those massively long lines at Apple and AT&T stores to return the iPhone 4.....oh, wait....:rolleyes:

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

If you have a universal dock you can use the it with the bumper case on, just remove the dock adapter and it slides right in, its a little lose, but as long as its not being banged around I'm sure it will be fine.

14. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

It's amazing how out of touch people are. This company just released a phone with a flawed antenna design. The CEO tells the world to "not hold it that way".

How would any reasonable person react to such insanity? It's so funny it should be joked about. For years to come in fact.

15. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

"They" do not have ESP/are not responsible for making sure the things you order are compatible. I get your frustration- but there has been A LOT of people with this issue posting on here and elsewhere, so a little research before clicking "buy" would have paid off.

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Didn't mean it as an insult, dude.

17. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I have problems putting my bumper back on. The sleep button gets stuck on halfway and keeps lighting up and shutting off the screen. I have to wiggle the bumper around on top for a while to make sure the sleep button is perfectly lined up with the groove for it.

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

That is true and I will use better judgment in the future. Still amazed that the same company would make a product designed to protect a product at all times and also have another product that doesn't let you use the first product with the protection product. In a perfect world, they could have made two docks and pointed out which one is compatible when using a bumper. As for your esp/responsible comment, there are a lot of web sites that while you are placing an order for a product, when you get to the accessories section, if you order two products that don't work together, a little box pops up telling you so. Not crying about apple not having it....just saying...

19. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I hold my bumper on the sides with my fingers and then use both my thumbs to press down right above the screen evenly on the phone and it slowly pops out.