So er... how do we use the features on iOS4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBoobsPro, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

So I've installed iOS4. Now how the hell do I use the features?

Theres no mention anywhere on how to work them. :confused: The bit on Apple.com tells you about the features but not how to activate them. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I've missed something somewhere but you'd think it would be obvious... it aint!

2. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

Apple doesnt release a manual on how to use the new features??

3. TrumpetGuy macrumors newbie

What specific features are you talking about?

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

5. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

I don't get it. Just use them. Is there a specific feature you're looking for?

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Watch the keynote where iOS 4.0 was anounced and Jobs will give a demonstration of how to use all the main features. Either that or search for whichever feature you are interested in on this board because they are all basically covered in detail already. You asked too generic of a question to get any real details here. I don't think anybody is going to sit here for 30 minutes typing out every feature when you could just as easily spend 5 minutes and find them yourself with a simple google search.

7. edk99 macrumors 6502a

How on earth were you able to use your phone when you first got it???

8. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Please...give the guy a break. Not everyone sits on these forums 24/7 reading every single story that pops up. Some of the features aren't exactly out in the open.

-Double tap the home button to use the multitasking
    -Go into your settings, then wallpaper to activate it for both the home screen and the lock screen
    -Drag an app onto another app to create a folder

9. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

Holy sh*t, I didnt know Ellen DeGeneres was a member here!!!!

10. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Well if no one tells you how to create a folder you wouldn't know and would look information on how to do it. If that information is not immediately available you ask someone. Tell me I'm not wrong!

It's not my fault Apple force you to sit through a 2 hour video stream to find out how to use their products. I have too much of a life to sit around watching videos and looking at every post on these forums.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Stop responding to posts meant to irritate and see the link I gave you.

12. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

here you go

13. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

The piss poor attitude of people around here lately needs addressing and certain people need knocking down a peg or two. It's a forum where people should be communicating i.e. sharing information. That's what a forum is!

EDIT: Thank you Aggie. Your link just proves my point that the information is not readily available from Apple and has to be collated by a 3rd party.

14. actorkid macrumors 6502

is there a way to use home screen wallpapers on the 3G? I can't seem to change it from black. Only the lockscreen wallpaper changes.

15. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Nope, that is not enabled on the 3g. Multitasking and bluetooth keyboard are also disabled on the 3g. Everything else works though.

16. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

That's what I'm sayin' haha....

17. bundu macrumors member

Everything else... aka LOL.

Also, to the OP: I know where you're coming from. All of my family members are regular people, not tech freaks. They had no clue how to bring up the multitasking bar (they didn't even know wtf it was). But the amazing folks on this board seem to think people should know this information, because it's so obvious.