So excited (First Mac)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Michael Goff, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

I thought that it was silly when I was checking every day to see if my Asus G73 was here, but now I'm doing even more. I'm looking up every single piece of information I can find, and I'm pretty much the most excited I've been in a long time when it comes to getting a computer. I know that the scores, speeds, and so forth will be different for my 13"/i7/8GB RAM set up than I've seen in the youtube videos, but still.

Everything was so much faster than even my computer. I think it's the SSD. I'm just happy to not have to pull out an 8 lb computer for everything.... soon.

All of that aside, I am so excited. I hope I really like OSX, because I might eventually not have a normal Windows computer if I do. Heck, I might not anyway.

Is it sad that I want Monday to get here quicker?

2. yoyoma1992 macrumors member

Hell no....I refresh UPS's page every hour even though I know it's coming on Monday lol

3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Right? I'd want to intercept the UPS trucks it leaves the depot first thing Monday morning. :lol:

4. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Congratulations! You're gonna really enjoy it.

Good choice of models too :)

5. yoyoma1992 macrumors member

Soft...I wana fly to alaska to meet up with it when it arrives in N.America

6. noteple macrumors 65816

I thought I was happy when I got my first plastic MacBook in 2009.

I ordered a refurb 2010 Air and oh my gosh, I never looked back at a pc notebook anything again.

Enjoy your new purchase.

7. Jonesy135 macrumors member

Jonesy135

Im in a similar position... im going to get the 13"/i5/8Gb/256Gb (ill be ordering it in a month two) but ive spent the last 3 months on this website everyday finding out everything i can about it

i havent even ordered mine yet and im already feeling a very giddy!

this will be my first ever mac so really hoping it lives up to all the hype.

good luck with your new machine and i hope you love it!!

8. OptimusGeorge macrumors newbie

All the hype and excitement that the very idea of owning one of these is very catching. I'm feeling it too. I think I'm going to place my order tomorrow after physically comparing the two models. And I can't sleep. All this because of a damn computer. I know I'm a geek, but this is ridiculous!!! :D

9. trondah macrumors 6502

You'll have a blast with your first Mac unboxing. It's an awesome experience! Trust me, you will not miss Windows at all. Now you'll finally understand why people love Apple products :) Maybe you'll even stop worrying about how many MHz you have and instead use your computer for something productive.

10. MacBird macrumors 6502

It might be worth it. Mine was supposed to be delivered on Monday and I just saw that it is already on the delivery truck (U.S. East Coast). :)

11. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

This... I'm ordering mine in a couple of weeks yet I'm on here every day!

Determined to not track mine every step of the way from china but know I'll cave in :D

12. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

I can see it now: "Sri-Lanka?!? Why is my MBA in Sri-Lanka?!?" (then post on MR "How long was your MBA stuck in Sri-Lanka before moving again? It's now been 3 hours, 16 minutes and 42 seconds *bites nails*") :D

13. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

No, what's sad is there are no over the counter drugs that will let you sleep through the next three days. :D

14. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

You could eat a box of Dramamine, but things get weird. Still, it'll make you forget at least one of those three days. :D

15. rye1205 macrumors newbie

Who cares? You won't have your Mac, so memory is just useless. :p
    Just kidding.

My Mac is getting here today. I've probably checked the tracker over 100 times.

16. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Thanks.

It's in Louisville, though. It took about a day to get from Shanghai to Louisville, and it's going to take another three days to get from there to Indiana.

How is this even cool? D:

Sadly, I have to do some schoolwork between now and then anyway. :p

I'll probably still use my other computer on occasion... for gaming. I play The Old Republic, gonna play Guild Wars 2, and so forth. I can play a few of my steam games on OSX, though, since buying them apparently gave me the OSX version for some reason. Dunno why, though. Happy it did.

17. Jonesy135 macrumors member

Jonesy135

Lol! It's pathetic I'm 20 and I'm sitting here havin to force myself no t to check out that tracking site so I know exactly where to look when I order lol... I'm such a child!

18. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

I'm 24 and doing the same thing.

19. Jonesy135 macrumors member

Jonesy135

I feel like I should be worried that Ive never even owned Mac yet but apple has managed to grab me by the balls already!!

20. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

FedEx was wrong in a good way

I got it today instead of Monday.'

Best. Day. Ever.

21. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Followed by a good weekend, enjoy!

22. EARL97850 macrumors member

That's great news....congrats.

Mien's supposed to arrive today also. I'm checking Fedex page every so minutes.

Cya

23. pandaguy macrumors member

I am currently out of town and I have been checki g obsessively...it got to my house yesterday but no one is there to pick it up for me so they're going to keep trying to send it. *weeps*

24. Alameda macrumors 6502a

Alameda

I have VMWare installed, so I can run Windows whenever I need. Which, so far, has been never.

25. KhonNan macrumors newbie

I've had my 13" i7/8/256 for almost 2 weeks now. First MAC aswell for me. Today I just transferred the few files that i needed from my windows desktop computer ( haven't turned it on since i received my MAC ). The windows machine is going to my brothers, I don't need it now I realize. Everything is just more simple with this skinny thing, goes with me everywhere, even in bed - for movies. Actually i don't really know what I'm gonna do with my iPad now, forgot all about it aswell.
    Maybe there really is something about: "Once you go MAC, you'll never go back!"