So far it's been perfect...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by altecXP, Mar 28, 2011.

1. altecXP macrumors 65816

So after having issues with my 13in refurb I returned it for a 15in 2.2 i7 MBP.

I put in the 8GB that I had set aside for the 13in, and the SSD with an Optibay, and while it has only been 3 days this laptop is great. it idles at about 36* while I'm woking in email and my works ticket system, and on Adium, gets good battery life, not great, I'd estimate about 8hrs. That more then I need though so I'm happy.

I havent tried Starcraft II yet, but if that runs as smooth as I hope then I think I found the perfect laptop for me. it only took a year for hunting/waiting.
    :):)

2. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Glad you're enjoying the laptop ;)

SC II should run great on it ;)

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

If you really do get 8hrs, id consider that to be fantastic. Especially with the optbay.

4. altecXP thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I worked from ~7:30 till 12:25 then went for lunch, came back now(1:15) and the battery meter says 2:14 left. Thats also after it was asleep from 10pm last night till I came in this AM. I also have my brightness up about 2 notches more than usual, at notch5, I typically have it @ 2 or 3.

During that time I zero'd out the free space on my SSD so that TRIM would run on it, I'm sure ate up a good bit of battery while it ran for about 30-40min. I can see easily getting 7.5-8hrs on a normal basis. I also plan to get a SATA3 120GB SSD and use my SATA2 SSD as just storage. That should also help.

5. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

mine is a 17" but otherwise same specs, and i have no problems running SC II on ultra, no lag at all.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Don't use the timers to judge how long your battery will last as they are often inaccurate. Calibrate your battery for the most accurate timers.

7. 1quick1 macrumors member

I had the 13'' for a couple weeks before exchanging it. I played the SCII demo on medium no problem and it would run high with a slower FPS. Your 15'' will destroy that game no problem.

8. Richie271 macrumors newbie

Can I ask how you got it swapped my 13" is currently broken due to apple not repairing it correctly, do you think they'll be willing to replace it?