So, Final Cut X is gonna completely replace the latest version of Final Cut Pro?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by iGuy38, Apr 23, 2011.

1. iGuy38 macrumors member

..... or is it just an alternative version like Final cut express?

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

It will be to replace Final Cut Pro. It could also replace Final Cut Express. The truth is, we're not actually sure about the array of applications that may or may not come with it, but the old Final Cut Pro will not be sticking around.

3. iGuy38 thread starter macrumors member

4. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

So far, we only know one thing for sure: FCP X is the successor to FCP 7. As far as the other FCS apps are concerned, nobody knows yet. I'm guessing that due to the announced $299 price tag of FCP X, Apple would have no reason to continue developing FCE.

Further, depending on how FCP X handles pro workflows, I wouldn't be shocked if Apple continues to ship the FCS 3 suite. There are a lot of unanswered questions in that area and I just don't see professionals (especially studios, post houses, etc.) making an immediate transition if a lot of the workflow tools they're accustomed to using suddenly vanished.

5. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

With a price for FCP X of $299, Apple would have a hard time justifying to themselves trying to squeeze FCE X in between iMovie and FCP X, both by price and features.

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Yes I imagine Final Cut Express will disappear. It's not for sure though.