Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yoargentino

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2012
I sure hope that the carrier has a way to blacklist all of the stolen phones.

I mean if you steal one, it's instant $650-$1000 profit. Now Apple has to send replacements out to take the place of stolen ones. So they're losing profit (Even though they only cost around $200 to make).

how it's this?
After 2 days launch, i got 2 iphones 5 32GB and paid $1600 both :( !
Already unlocked for tmobile, is my carriers but i can't activate yet!
Because ask me about zip and social!!
So i read other forum and cases like this, and it's because the iphone is STOLEN? :mad:
Is any way to activate these?
I dont want to lost my money.
Please somebody help me out.
Do you think is some way to find solution for me??
Can you explain this for me? Thank you!

DunnMaui

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Maui, Hawaii
So. My iPhone 5 has been "out for delivery" from a depot about 20 minutes away from my house, for the past 2 days. I called UPS and they told me to call Apple and request them to "trace" the package.

Apple see's that this is not usual at all and they have reason believe the package has been lost during travel...

I'm venting but has this ever happened to anyone else?

Yes, it has happened to me. Apple sent my iphone5 later than scheduled and because I was away, I had UPS deliver on the date I would be home. That date came and went with no delivery. After that it all went downhill. Every time I called UPS they would inform me that it was scheduled for delivery 11/30. HELLO , it is now Dec. 3! Two calls to Apple didn't get it delivered either. I finally cancelled the order. Within 1/2 hour the phone was found at the UPS facility and began the return process. Now I have to wait (quote from Apple) "either 3-5 days or 5-10 days for a replacement" I guess they are covering up for UPS' screw-ups :(

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Sorry you guys are having such woes. I know how frustrating this kind of thing can be.

Useless Rant: I really don't like the direction everything is headed these days, but I play along. I reluctantly purchase digital (iTunes) media over physical, based on ease of acquisition and use. Even though It really scares me that one day I may wake up and be told that none of what I've paid for is "mine." I also abstain from ordering something as important to me as my iPhone online. I'm still a cash-in-hand type of guy. :rolleyes:

Not meant to bash anyone, in any way. sorry if it seems as such.

libertyhawk

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Returning replacement after originally lost shipment arrives?

About the below -- Similar thing happened to me, I ordered an item, the item got shipped and delivered to the wrong address and someone signed for it. I didn't receive it. So Apple put a tracer on it, determined it was lost, and sent me the replacement. Shortly thereafter, I received the original! When will they ask me to send back the replacement? When did they ask you?

maybe so, but you dont need an iphone. you can always get a differnt phone if you need one now... if you know what i mean. whats the expected ship date for it? the one thats lost

apple will send you a new one. dont worry, my ipad 3 was lost in transit (so they thought) apple sent me a new one the day i called. The original one that was "lost" actually showed up on the launch day. and apple just had me send back the replacement i got a few days later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.