SO for the 4/24-5/8 shipping estimates....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JerTheGeek, Apr 10, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

How likely do you think it is that it will be delivered 4/24??? Does it depend on the region of the world you are in?? Or is there no real way of knowing?

2. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I don't think there's any way of knowing for us at this point. I'm really hoping it's on the earlier side because mine says 4/24-5/8 as well, but I'm heading to a conference on May 3rd so of course would LOVE to have it by then!

3. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Yeah I'm chomping at the bit for this thing lol!!!! I'm just glad I got in early. 10 minutes more and I likely would have had a 4-6 week estimate.

4. sammich, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I ordered my 3 minutes after the store finally went up. I'd hope I'd see my watch on Friday the 24th at work. Otherwise, well...

FEELINGS OF ENTITLEMENT OVERLOAD.

Also, I'm going on an overseas trip on morning of the 7th, so getting it on the 6th would be the latest...

5. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

I think its very likely that it will be delivered on said date.

6. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I had it sent to my apartment. I will keep a close eye out for it.

7. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I hope the 24th, but this does appear to be Apple covering their asses. So if they can't have them delivered on release, customers can't complain because there is this massive two week potential delivery window.

8. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I think we will get them on the 24th. Apple would get a lot of bad press if the earliest buyers did not receive watches on launch day

9. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

The space gray 42 Sport and a few others slipped to 4-6 weeks after 4 minutes.

10. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

I'd be shocked if 4/24 - 5/8 didn't actually mean 4/24. The extra week is more than likely there to account for a issues with the delivery (no one there to sign, wrong address, etc).

In the past, when Apple indicates at a keynote that the first to order will receive on a day, that is the day you get it. In one case FedEx delivered a bunch of iPhones a day early, and needless to say, UPS did the deliveries the next go around.

The way it has worked in the past is that Apple puts them into large bundles to navigate through customs and they'll all arrive in the US somewhere at that point the individual boxes are then sent to your address. So everyone will get a tracking number with the origination in China and then they'll come through Alaska to somewhere like Indiana before they are finally delivered to you on the big day.

11. walshy1009 macrumors regular

walshy1009

Hopefully the 24th for us lucky ones who got 24/4 - 8/5

To think that our Apple Watch is already made... its just sitting in a warehouse somewhere :)

12. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Haha yeah. Those tech reviewers who got it early are so lucky.....

13. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

It probably depends on which model and when it was ordered.

14. wonderboynj macrumors member

I wasn't around for the 6/6 Plus debacle so I'm curious.

I got a delivery estimate of May 13 to May 27.

Is there a chance that I may get it still on release day?

I know this is the ultimate in first world problems ;)

;)

15. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I think the odds are pretty good. Remember, we have a 2 week window between preorders and launch versus the usual 1 week, so that will give Apple time to ramp things up.

Plus, I feel they were being more conservative with available units, since it's a new product category for them. They can gauge preorders and instruct manufacturing from there.

16. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

I suspect Apple will try and deliver the majority on the 24th, but clearly they aren't confident in hitting that for everyone hence the delivery range. However, 2 weeks is quite a large range for the first batch of pre-orders and Apple have been unusually open about the supply shortage, so I wouldn't get too hopeful about the 24th - you might get lucky, you might not.

17. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

Ordered my 6+ on launch day morning immediately after I found out my Best Buy store didn't have any. Given a 10/27 ship date, got delayed and received around 11/10. People that ordered immediately got theirs on launch day. I think the further out you are from launch day, the more likely it won't be here on time, based on a couple experiences with iPhones.

18. martinctv macrumors regular

I have pre-ordered from apple since the 4S and it always said delivered on the actual launch day, there has in my ordering experience never been a 2 week window.

19. dusters711 macrumors regular

This has been my exact experience as well since the 3GS... This two week window is new. Always listed the exact launch date as delivery first. Usually after a few minutes it would slip to a 1-2 or 3-4 week window on the site.

20. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

I've got the 4/24 to 5/8 window and I'm really hoping it comes on the 24th. Been waiting long enough for this.

21. bms2993 macrumors regular

I received an e-mail on 2:02 AM CST that said that my order was processing and that it delivers on or between the dates of 4/24 -5/8.

22. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

My e-mail confirmation was sent at 08:01, i.e. within the first minute of the pre-orders going live. If I don't get it on 24/4, then surely no-one will. And that would make a mockery of the much heralded release date.

23. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

The service you are talking about is called 'Direct Distribution' and the pallets of product are precleared through customs before hitting the US.