So for the best film protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by johnryjr, Jul 13, 2008.

1. johnryjr macrumors regular

I have been reading a lot of mixed reviews about film protection. I plan to purchase an iPhone at the end of the summer and I want to be ready for it.

I want protection without the bulk. So I have been looking at the different film protectors. And this is what I have gathered:

I have seen Ghost Armor is really good but the sceen protector is not "glassy" smooth. So I would purchase the "Full Body" option and then purchase the Power Support Crystal Film from the Apple Store. Does this seem right?

Thanks

John

*I am not a ghost armor troll. I have been an active reader for a couple years and a member since last year. :)

2. InTheAir macrumors regular

I had film on my Moto Q and on my Treo. I like them a lot for the reasons you mentioned--no bulk, etc.

Anyone having any success with the films on the iPhone. What's the preferred one?

(I'm also not a troll. :D)

3. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I'm doing exactly what you are doing...PS Crystal on the front and Ghost Armor on the back. I plan on also getting a rubber type case for when I plan on traveling since there is more of a chance of dropping it or getting banged up in a bag.

4. lesliegolf macrumors regular

The new film from the Apple store is really thick. My hands do not slide as well with it. I wish they still had the older thinner film.

I think I will be doing some research for a replacement.

5. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Or you could get the full body films protection (get good review for 2G on iloiunge), this is the IS back and the PS crystal front for ~$15. They are testing the fitting at the mo.

6. meagain macrumors 68030

OK Ghost Armor people - does it cover the iPhone 3g Bezel or not. There is no pics of the cutout on the website. And if it covers the bezel at all, how far up the bezel does it go? I know it would be bad to be right at the edge but - need more detail.

I want to see quality pics of this on an iPhone. I'll even take pics of the 2g.

7. AppleSpice macrumors member

my advice for a film protection? none... the screen is glass, ergo, it should not scratch. I use to have it on mine, but I got fed up with putting it on, I always would trap dust, and I just gave up and decided to leave it. I have absolutely no scratches or marks on my screen, it looks brand new. It has been screen-less for about 6 months. In my opinion, they are kinda of a waste of money, but thats just my honest opinion of it. I know a lot of people use them, I just don't see the point anymore. Sorry for such a long response.

8. billyripkin macrumors 6502

billyripkin

Don't listen to the last comment. Scratches do happen. Just look at my iPhone after 5 days last year. Still not sure how it got there.

Attached Files:

9. AppleSpice macrumors member

Unless you took a diamond to it, or have a screen protector on it already, this should not happen... the screen is glass!!!

10. heyp macrumors 6502

i'm wondering the same... do any of the films (bestskinsever, IS, bodyguardz, or ghost armor) cover the chrome bezel?

11. note235 macrumors 6502a

12. meagain macrumors 68030

I remember a bodyguardz? video that had similar pieces.

How about more info on the 3g version's cut.