Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
So being around for the first launch which seems like yesterday. It's hard to believe we are at iPhone 7 already. Its cool to speculate and that sorta thing.

Are we all thinking that eventually the iPhone will continue to be a thing or one day will it make way to the next big thing?

iPhone 2017 - Wireless Charging, Single Glass Screen and e-sim for full waterproofing, Dropping of Numbers for models, Bundling of AirPods with all Models with no price increase in new colors!
iPhone 2018 - Gesture Based actions, Siri new conversation mode added - Beta
iPhone 2019 - Iris Scanning Support, AR Support, Ceramic Model and new finishes, Siri is now full natural language and can complete actions such as "Requesting an Uber" with no other command needed like google assistant and OLED models. Project Babel - Ability to translate on the fly coming soon.
iPhone 2020 - iPhone 512 GB models, Customizable colors and no lightning port.
iPhone 2021 - Elimination of the 4.7 model. Line has iPhone now as 5.5 and the Pro 5.5 model only.
iPhone 2022 - New OS introduced to introduce a new experience across devices to make them fit each device as MacOS Sonoma, iOS 16 into a single OS.

Last edited:

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
what do you define as the next big thing?

That's what i am asking. Someday something is going to replace the Mobile Device as the new exciting thing. Someday it will be like your mouse or trackpad. Something that is not marveled after because those days are over and its part of a daily workflow.

Talkingtoaster

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
UK
Thats a HUGE question. Whatever our minds can dream up I guess. The skys the limit...

I like the idea of something built into contact lenses, an evolution of glasses with screens. Eventually everything will be augmented reality I think. I wish we could be here in 100 years to see how far we have come.

What would you like to happen?

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Thats a HUGE question. Whatever our minds can dream up I guess. The skys the limit...

I like the idea of something built into contact lenses, an evolution of glasses with screens. Eventually everything will be augmented reality I think. I wish we could be here in 100 years to see how far we have come.

What would you like to happen?

I feel like from the Axe to the Branch, to Pencil, Typewriter, Mouse/Trackpad there will always as far as i can see will be an input device. The device is going to do alot more than it does not. Someday it will be gone though.

SteveJobs2.0

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Multi lens camera back. Probably 3 lenses used as zoom and 1 black and white or IR to assist with focus and low light.

Talkingtoaster

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
UK
I always imagined we will have a 'chip' inplanted inside us and we will see everythign we need to see in our vision. A google search will be instant in our brains. As such we will know everything there is to know... on demand!

It gets into the realms of The Matrix this. You read sci fi about aliens communicating by thought alone, maybe we will have a tech version of this.

As far as tech in the next 10 years, not 100. Im not sure where we can go, apart from laptops gettings thinner and thinner but there is a limit. We have tablets now, maybe they will be an all in one solution. We come home and it is a games console, projecting the image on the wall. I see what we have now but 10x better. Wearable tech galore. 12mega pixel camera on a watch etc.
[doublepost=1474173496][/doublepost]
I feel like from the Axe to the Branch, to Pencil, Typewriter, Mouse/Trackpad there will always as far as i can see will be an input device. The device is going to do alot more than it does not. Someday it will be gone though.

You mentioned input device, can we evolve past our own finger? Maybe Steve finished our evolution lol

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I always imagined we will have a 'chip' inplanted inside us and we will see everythign we need to see in our vision. A google search will be instant in our brains. As such we will know everything there is to know... on demand!

It gets into the realms of The Matrix this. You read sci fi about aliens communicating by thought alone, maybe we will have a tech version of this.

As far as tech in the next 10 years, not 100. Im not sure where we can go, apart from laptops gettings thinner and thinner but there is a limit. We have tablets now, maybe they will be an all in one solution. We come home and it is a games console, projecting the image on the wall. I see what we have now but 10x better. Wearable tech galore. 12mega pixel camera on a watch etc.

I think people will still want to research things and be creative. I think there will be a level of slow down. As far as Apple they will get to the Ive slate of glass.
[doublepost=1474173719][/doublepost]
You mentioned input device, can we evolve past our own finger? Maybe Steve finished our evolution lol

I think we can. I'm a child of the 80's and i can type without abandon. I learned to type in a typing class in middle school and i don't need to look at the keyboard to do so. One day that will be Gestures

Talkingtoaster

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
UK
I think people will still want to research things and be creative. I think there will be a level of slow down. As far as Apple they will get to the Ive slate of glass.
[doublepost=1474173719][/doublepost]

I think we can. I'm a child of the 80's and i can type without abandon. I learned to type in a typing class in middle school and i don't need to look at the keyboard to do so. One day that will be Gestures

Im a similar age. When you say gestures, isn't that sign language? Did you see the minority report staring tom cruise? Those screens and hes using gestures to move between screens, always reminded me of swapping desktops on a macbook! I can see this totally happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.