So frustrated having to wait for Apple to approve the push-centered apps (vent)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phatzer, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

Hello,

I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I thought I'd see what your thoughts were on this.

Why is it that Apple hyped up the push notification service, and yet failed to approve IM+ or Beejive for the release date? I'm sure both developers submitted their apps within a reasonable time period, plus I would have thought that the priority in which these apps were to be approved would have been bumped up a notch, given their popularity and dependence upon the push notification service to become effective.

I, like everybody else was stuck to my iPhone for a few hours messing around with new features, yet the real feature that I was interested in was push and I'm still yet to try it out with something worth the time!

I do really feel for those on AT&T in the US though, it's not right being bound to a ridiculously lengthy and expensive contract to be told by Apple "And another thing... MMS. But sorry, for AT&T customers, MMS is at the bottom of this jar of barbed wire and salt" (FG reference).

Anyhow, that's my piece :)

2. The General macrumors 601

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Well, obviously what they thought was "a reasonable period of time" wasn't nearly as reasonable as what the developers that actually have push apps in the store thought. :D

4. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Well, for me, it isn't just push centered apps.

Posted on the forum for the application "Checkbook" by the developer, Jeremy Jacob:
    So, 9 days later, and Apple still hasn't approved the update.

They are getting hammered with apps and updates right now.

5. Phatzer thread starter macrumors regular

Phatzer

I can imagine. I think it's safe to say that that the only priority system in place is one of first-come-first-served.

6. crisg macrumors member

I just want Palringo to have push notifications!!!

It would be nice if Facebook, Weatherbug, App Store had push!!

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I don't remember them ever saying that on The Fall Guy.

8. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

The problem is under normal circumstances you might expect the group responsible for apps and such to work extra hours, weekends and such to get the job done when it comes near a big release and major changes.

The problem currently, is they are already doing all those things. So when they needed to kick it up a notch, there was nowhere to go as they were already at 11.

Hopefully at some point they figure out how to manage the app approval process better and then have the resources available to actually step it up for major releases.

The problem is they were overworked and overwhelmed before the launch of 3.0 and the 3.0 launch has increased the load of apps pushing updates. Which means it has only made things that much worse.

9. milerich macrumors regular

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phatzer View Post
    ...jar of barbed wire and salt" (FG reference).

I don't remember them ever saying that on The Fall Guy.

That is because it is a Family Guy reference :D

10. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

Perhaps a little over the top but hire more reviewers? Im looking to relocate and i can fiddle with apps all day long. (im sure there is more to it)

11. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy