So frustrated I could scream!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jacintosh, Jul 16, 2009.

1. jacintosh macrumors newbie

I was given some very good info on resolving my connection problem with my laptop. But, regardless of the fact that I cannot connect my mac to my desktop...acting as a server for my printer, I am perplexed as to why....after clicking the plus sign on seeing what printers I do have available. Nothing shows up. I look in the library and there are many listed, however I get zero results. I don't think it matters that my desktop is now using Windows 7. Because, I think, I should still be able to see what printers I have available. Even if I can't connect to my network printer. My wife's laptop pc connects just fine. And....several weeks ago, before my wife had a laptop...she had a desktop with a wireless adapter. I was able to connect to my printer. It wasn't listed, but....I used my wife's printer....a similar HP...and bingo! My wifi connection worked with my printer. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Have you installed Bonjour on your Windows desktop?

3. jacintosh thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't remember

I think I may have several months ago. I don't really understand the application and how it works.

4. jacintosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes!

I purchased Apple Express, and my troubles fading away. Plugged it into the wall. Attached the ethernet to my wired router. Loaded the disk into my pc desktop, pc laptop, and my macbook pro. With bonjour, and the other settings applied to these computers, everything is working just great. I'm wondering....with apple express's usb jack, is there another utility that I could connect or use to add to the experience?

5. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

The Express' USB only does printers. An AirPort Extreme will do network hard drives too but that's an extra 60 bucks. I absolutely LOVE my Express, I don't have much use for it since all the tricks I've set it up to do confuse the hell out of my roommate's Dell so its relegated to play music wirelessly, a tenth of it's potential.:(