So funny

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBX, Mar 9, 2018.

1. MBX macrumors 68000

So I can use Apple's MBP USB-C charging adapter/ cable with their competitor and charge my Samsung Galaxy s8 and with actual fast charging.

- But the same Apple adapter/ cable isn't compatible with their own iPhones.

- Even if I got an adapter/ dongle the fast charging probably still wouldn't work on iPhone X and you'd need the actual fast charging adapter for an additional $70-80.

- I can use Samsung's provided headphones on my MBP but not Apple's as there's no lightning port on the MBP and the iPhone 8/X does not use industry standard USB-C.

- I can plugin my Samsung Galaxy S8 to the MBP but Apple's own iPhones aren't compatible with the MBP without a dongle.

This is insane.

Ok technically the rant is 50% MBP and 50% iPhone design rant, just more of a general thing and not tied to only one device.

Does Tim Cook & Jony Ive realize this?

Apple was all about simplicity and ease of use. I hope they realize what a mess they've created and will fix it this and in the coming years.

2. Adam Warlock macrumors regular

Adam Warlock

Apple is busy racing to become the first trillion-dollar company, not provide great devices that help and thrill users, so dongle$ and adapter$ are the order of the day. Buy, buy, buy! Simplicity and usefulness? Only if it doesn't get in the way of profit margins.

3. chabig macrumors 603

It sounds like you want a USB-C to Lightning cable. Apple sells those.

4. Closingracer macrumors 68040

I think he means out of the box.

5. chabig macrumors 603

If they put the cable in the box, it would cost the consumer more and he would complain about that too.

6. djnms macrumors newbie

indeed, apple will sell you those and much more; that's the whole point...

7. robvas macrumors 68030

Plus then people would complain that "Apple is trying to make me buy a $2000 laptop or I have to buy a $15 cable to connect it to my old laptop!"
    --- Post Merged, Mar 9, 2018 ---
    Yea, right. There are barely any USB-C computer accessories on the market. Everything is still using the old USB connector and will be for a while.