So funny

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adrian3300, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Adrian3300 macrumors member

Just called to cancel my verizon account after getting my iphone. The sales guy asks you if you know the drawbacks of the iphone compared to the voyager:

1. Less talk time (his only valid point)
    2. you have to use itunes vs the vw system
    3. It's basically just a phone with an ipod ( yeah , what about the app store, he didn't know what to say)
    4. He said it didn't have a camera till I corrected him
    5. No GPS (he was wrong again.... I understand it is only GPS-A)

I get the feeling the guy had this conversation before.

It is a shame though that verizon doesn't carry the iphone because I think there coverage is a little better.

2. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

Not "only" AGPS, Its FULL GPS with EXTRA assistance.

3. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Yeah...that IS funny.

I have a family friend that works for t-mobile...the carrier we're with now.
    I called to ask him some questions about when would be the best time to terminate t-mobile service...blah, blah, blah.

He was like, "Why?"

So, I didn't want to give him the long diatribe...I said, I'm a mac-head and I can't help it.

He was like, "Well, t-mobile's 3g will be up in about a week...well, okay a month. Plus you have a ipod already."

GPS was my first argument...plus the fact, that it would be great to get rid of my ipods and just have an all-in-one gadget."

I was like, "If t-mobile was getting an Apple phone...I might consider staying, but I heard it was only an iphone-like device."
    I sent him several threads.

He sent me to www.tmonews.com
    I told him that website was horribly organized, and was hardly something to base a judgement call as to whether or not to switch carriers.

...on top of that, I was due for an upgrade. (like $100 for the new blackberry pearl) ...and his wife was like, "I'll sell you my old one for $100." :(

Sorry...rant, off.
    Stick it where the sun don't shine, thank you very much.

4. Archie- macrumors regular

I think he meant no VIDEO camera, and of course no turn by turn voice navigation - both valid points.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It all depends on the person, I guess. The T-Mobile rep I spoke to was very nice about it and looked up my activation date with them to thank me for my 4 years of business.

They did ask and I did tell her I'd already bought the iPhone. I think she realized the futility in telling someone not to use a $300 phone they just bought. Perhaps they argue more if they think you haven't bought one yet?

6. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

How many times to people actually use there phones to record video?
    Turn by turn navigation is comming in two different GPS navagation software apps...tom tom and telenav.

Apple will add video and ichat on the next gen Iphone...and probably a 5 mp camera...and we will all be lining up again at the apple store this time next year.

7. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

That's hilarious! Don't get me wrong I'd like a video camera in my iPhone and couldn't give two ***** about turn by turn nav, but for the software on the iPhone and it's design, there is no equal competitor for me.