So Glad I Went for 27"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Scrapula, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Scrapula macrumors 6502

I went back and forth for a while, thinking the 27" was just too huge in the store. But, I was really hating overlapping windows. Also, my dock was very crowded and the icons had to be very small to fit them. This also made it hard to find what I wanted quickly.

The first thing I noticed was that my dock icons are back to normal size, since I have so much more real estate. Plenty of room for multiple browser windows, too.

Now that it is sitting on my desk, it doesn't really seem that big. I was already using a 22" before.

Anyway, if you are on the fence - Think Big!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I've ordered up my second 27". Can't ever see me dropping down, the real-estate is the key. A couple of buddies just didn't have space for the larger screen and have now received their 21.5's, nice Macs, but my BTO is wirth the wait...Won't get it until mid January but that gives me time to sell my current 2011 27"

3. cole01 macrumors 6502

Awesome! I can't wait till January to move on up to the big boy. It'll be such a departure from the 15" MacBook Pro I'm using right now. And I bet will be especially useful for photo and video editing!

4. motrek macrumors 68020

Congrats on your new purchase. :)

BTW, I have learned to launch and even switch between apps using Spotlight... pressing command-space bar and typing the first couple letters of an app is often faster than trying to click on it...

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Having configured two newbies now, with both users coming from a Windows based PC environment, it seems that CMD+Q is the most useful KB shorcut for newbies to OSX.

I went over to my buddies to sort out his wiif etc. and he complained that the Mac was running slow.

He had

Word
    Pages
    Numbers
    MAS
    Itunes
    Thunderbird
    A couple of games

All open, but of course he hadn't actually closed them completely...I explained that closing things down in OSX is a little different. CMD+Q is your friend!:)

6. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

the 27" display is a joy - I dunno how I managed with anything smaller. Mind you, I actually have two on my desk - I'm running a dual-screen setup :D