Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulCostello

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
well, my 21" base iMac arrived 2 days ago, and am i happy! just don't know why i waited so long to switch from Windows. I'm happy i didn't wait any longer for the new ivy bridge iMacs. this model is perfect for me and my family.
only thing i didn't like was the trackpad. I've used it at the apple store plenty of times, but just sitting at my desk using it, just causes me too much discomfort. Gonna be returning it for magic mouse tomorrow.
really enjoying my mac. thx guys

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
well, my 21" base iMac arrived 2 days ago, and am i happy! just don't know why i waited so long to switch from Windows. I'm happy i didn't wait any longer for the new ivy bridge iMacs. this model is perfect for me and my family.
only thing i didn't like was the trackpad. I've used it at the apple store plenty of times, but just sitting at my desk using it, just causes me too much discomfort. Gonna be returning it for magic mouse tomorrow.
really enjoying my mac. thx guys

Welcome to the family! You are one of many many people who switch every week and realise what they've missed out on. I hope your Mac serves you well as mine does :D:D

And agreed on the mouse > trackpad.. I don't like the trackpad either!

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
That's awesome!

I just got my new iMac last week and I am loving it. Before I got the iPhone 3G back in 2008 I was an Apple hater.

My iMac is my 4th piece of Apple hardware and I love it. Although I've had some serious quality control issues with several of my purchases, when things are good, the hardware(and software) can't be beat. Apple knows how to make a great product.

I think i'd like the trackpad but i wish i could try it out for a week before i decide to buy it.

PaulCostello

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2012
Thx for feedback guys, Bought a magic mouse and really like it. I decided I'm gonna keep both. I think they compliment each other well. For iPhoto, iMovie, etc = mouse. Web surfing, browsing email, etc = pad.

Bonut

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
Maryland
I also have gotten a new 21.5" base model iMac a couple weeks ago. For me the magic mouse is the way to go, the pad just is not comfortable to me, I'm sure with time i would get use to it though.

Getintothegame

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2012
Big Sky, MT
Thx for feedback guys, Bought a magic mouse and really like it. I decided I'm gonna keep both. I think they compliment each other well. For iPhoto, iMovie, etc = mouse. Web surfing, browsing email, etc = pad.

My feelings as well. I like to use one when doing certain tasks, and the other doing other tasks, etc.

swarleystinson

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2010
New York, NY
Pry a moot point now as you've already purchased the MM. But if it's still returnable I would suggest going with a non-mac mouse. I have a Razer DeathAdder mouse which is ~comprable in price and I much prefer it to either trackpad or MM. Agree pinching a 4-finger swipes are nice on trackpad, but with a couple easy tweeks you can map mouse buttons to do the same thing. Cheers and congrats on the new iMac. May you enjoy it as much I've enjoyed mine.

Maccho

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2008
Welcome to the Big Apple Family that so many people around the world enjoy!!! :D

I know how you feel, when I got my first Mac (27" iMac) in 2010, it was like a dream come true, I had been wanting a Mac since Apple turned to Intel in 2006 but never had the money to buy one.

Now I have an iMac, a macbook pro and its just all too awesome. Waiting for the new Mac Pro to come out, then I will be in paradise :p

But yeah the trackpad does take time getting used to and I found myself getting used to it within a week of daily use, its really good when your browsing and what not, but I do prefer the MM when doing 3D graphics and design.

My 2 cents worth, enjoy your Mac!

:apple::apple::apple:

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
I'd actually keep the pad, and just pick up a MM, there are times when the pad is great...Just takes a little practice. Whatever you decide, welcome to the world of Mac...Enjoy...:)

I agree, I have TP, MM and a really nice logitech mouse. I find for daily use and browsing the web, I do tend to use the TP, but for more heavy intensive tasks, I always go to the mouse.

... To the OP I am glad you are satisfied. Obviously if you needed a computer now, the current iMac will last you for many many years to come. I'm stoked for the 2012 iMac, but like many others, we already have very capable Macs to hold us over until then.

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.