So how Applecare+ works ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjoshi123, Oct 11, 2011.

1. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

Apr 14, 2010
    I pre-ordered my phone thru Bestbuy on Sprint. There was no option for Applecare+ at that time.
    My question is how applecare+ works with recent news item on blog

Does this mean that if you've applecare and your phone is damaged(cannot be repaired) you've to pay $199 + $49 deductible to get new phone ? If that is case what is point in getting Applecare+ ?
  2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Sep 19, 2003
  3. allmanbrother macrumors member

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    If you get Applecare+, you can get the phone replaced for $49, even if the damage is your fault.
  4. mjoshi123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 14, 2010
    Thanks guys but it looks like that just $49 contradicts with what was written on macrumors link.
  5. Ava's Meeshee macrumors member

Jan 7, 2010
    Here's the source document

The Accidental Damage policy is spelled out on the first page. You simply pay a $49 fee per claim.
  6. edk99 macrumors 6502a

May 27, 2009
    Your confusing the 2. There is AppleCare and there is AppleCare+

AppleCare is the old program for the iPhone where you paid $69 for it and if you accidentally damaged your phone you could get it replaced for $199.

Under AppleCare+ it is $99 and if you damage you phone it is $49 to replace.

The article talks about if you did not have the opportunity to but AppleCare+ at the time of purchase you can buy it if you have accidental damage for the original AppleCare replacement cost of $199 +$49 for a $50 discount on AppleCare+ so that would be $249.

So if you bought AppleCare+ you only pay $49 for up to 2 incidents

If you did not buy AppleCare+ then you pay $199 and you have the opportunity to get AppleCare+ for $49 more.