So how are Sprint stores on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by N e e k, Sep 15, 2014.

1. N e e k macrumors 6502

I rarely hear people talk about Sprint here. It's usually talk about ATT or VZW. How are the Sprint stores on launch day? Crowded? I feel like there's much less people on Sprint than the others.

I have a 6+ preordered at Target (was the second on the list at Target) and Radioshack. I'm not relying on those two though, if they don't call my by Thursday night I'm probably going to go to a Best Buy or Sprint store in the morning.

But are the Sprint stores bad on launch day? I feel like I can just walk in when they open, pick up a phone, and leave. I don't know though. This is my first time getting a phone (or trying) on a launch day.

What are your guys' experiences with the Sprint stores on launch day? Did you get your phones when you wanted?

2. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

With the 5s Sprint got so few units for launch it was ridiculous. The store near me got 8. Total. And only one was the 64GB model.

3. N e e k thread starter macrumors 6502

Did you get to the store on launch day? Was there a line?

Also, If I called them do you think I can ask them if they'd be getting any 6 Plus stock?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My best guess would be that the stores are going to get mobbed. Particularly because of the new iPhone for Life plan.

And stock will probably be limited. I do not believe they allow holds or reservations on phones and they are unlikely to tell you what stock they are getting.

Piece of advice.…make sure you know your Sprint store. What I mean by that is that Sprint allows third partys to conduct business for Sprint as a Sprint store. But they are not corporate, they are still third party vendors and as such, usually get screwed over by Sprint on merchandise and returns.

A good way to tell a third party store is if they take cash for bill payments or not. Only corporate Sprint stores have the automated cash machines. Also, only corporate stores do Sprint phone repairs.

That said, if the Sprint store you go to is offering the iPhone 6 on launch day, it's a Sprint corporate store. Third party stores do not get launch day phones.

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I remember with the 5, there were plenty of Sprint phones left compared to ATT/VZW.

6. N e e k thread starter macrumors 6502

ok good