So how did the Pogo Stylus work out?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gwynne, Apr 7, 2010.

1. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

A lot of people seemed to be planning on getting these, does anyone have any feedback yet on how well they actually worked with the iPad?

2. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Works fine, but it's not great. Problem is that when you want to write something you naturally place your hand down on the surface of the iPad which either puts "ink" onto the page or messes up the location of your "pointer".

3. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I was thinking that might happen. I guess you kind of have to use it like a paint brush more than a pencil.

4. diabolic macrumors 68000

...or wear a glove. :)

5. lotusindigo macrumors regular

lotusindigo

The girl in this vid uses a fingerless glove. It might be best to take a whole glove and only cut off the thumb, pointer, middle finger and ring finger - leave the pinky finger there to make sure the entire side of your hand that might touch the screen is covered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYSRQDxeGZY

6. Bytor65 macrumors 6502a

Cool vid, and Good idea.

Glove equal instant palm rejection on capacitive screen.

7. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

Mine works about as well as you'd expect it to. Requires slightly more pressure than a finger though.

8. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm pretty confident that developers will start integrating stylus, "palm rejection" modes into drawing apps pretty soon. All they need to do is look for areas of contacts where there are a lot of touch points close together and ignore them in favor of single points of contact. There is an app out there with a manually configured "dead zone" for your palm, can't remember which one though.

9. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Got mine yesterday from Amazon. Still trying to get used to it. As others have said, the problem is you can't rest your hand on the iPad.

Still trying to find good software for it though.