iPad So how difficult do you suppose it will be to secure one at launch?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darthbane2k, Oct 22, 2013.

1. darthbane2k macrumors 6502

With no pre-order process in place and (judging from the 5S launch debacle) with the scalper situation completely out of control, how difficult will you suppose it will be to get hold of an Air on launch day? Really dont have the energy to wait in line again - especially if gangs of scalpers will be there pushing in taking everything.

2. Kauai macrumors 6502a

Wondering the same thing, I can't wait in line because I have to go to work but I really want one on day one. I live in Medford, Oregon for what it's worth ~ A metro area of about 200,000, so I think availability would be better than a big city.

3. Tim7 macrumors 6502

Tim7

I live just outside London and am wondering the same. Hopefully be able to get one on launch day. But if not I'll just keep trying

4. aypues macrumors regular

do the open the Apple stores at midnight? I've never gone there for a launch day purchase.

It says orders begin on Nov 1st but it also ships on Nov 1st...I wonder how long the wait will be if you decided to order one on 11/1??

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apple stores don't open at midnight. Typically they start selling the new products the morning of the launch day. They may open an hour or two earlier to accommodate the increased traffic.

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

Probably no problems getting iPad 5/Air models.

iPad mini base 16gb wifi will probably a little harder to find since it's the cheapest new model at $399.

Remember last year iPad mini didn't "sell out" first day of pre orders except white 16gb base model

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

8. csrini1 macrumors regular

With the specs Apple released for ipad air, we should see plenty of them around, they may run out of ipad mini though when they come out. Having said that, for advertising purposes, they may only put a limited number of units out there on launch day and say all sold out in 1 hour!!