So how do you feel about your IPAD Shopping Experiance ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zipur, Mar 23, 2011.

1. zipur, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. Surely Guest

Surely

(Not gonna click it)

I don't care to experiance whatever it is you're linking to.

3. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Mine was great. 10 minutes in line at walmart day 1, walked away with two iPads.

4. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

Mine was pretty good too, 2 hours in line at best buy and walked out with the exact model I wanted :D

5. zipur thread starter macrumors 6502

its just a funny video with a few off color words at the end.

6. iCMB macrumors newbie

Stood in line for an hour and a half at WalMart. I was number 8 in line and got what I wanted.

7. leenak macrumors 68020

We already had a thread about this, I had a great experience!

8. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Woke up Friday at 3am. Ordered and went back to bed. I had it 5 days later. :cool:

9. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

It's spelled 'experience', btw...

Showed up at Best Buy at ~1pm on March 11th and was #3 in line.
    Had a great time talking with some interesting people in line for a few hours.
    At 5:10 I purchased exactly what I wanted (64gb 3G) and went home to install software.

All-in-all a wonderful afternoon.

FWIW, they had plenty of Xoom's on hand, and still do.
    Enjoy your craptastic Flash running machine.

10. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I guess that depends on your definition of funny

11. EvilC5 macrumors 6502a

same here....:D

12. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Mine was reasonably flawless. 45 minutes in line at Best Buy to get a voucher for my 32-Black-AT&T (last one..they only had 4) and then an hour inside waiting to checkout. Not too bad at all..the line had a guitar hero tournament going for a little while.

13. cburton macrumors regular

Great experience ... decided I wanted to get one for the wife. Checked Target online inv tracker for my model. Stopped by local Target on the way to work. In at 8am out at 8:05. On time for work. Easy as pie.

Chris

14. Geo411m macrumors regular

Called Target the following Monday morning and they said they had 5 Black 32 gig WiFi that just came in. I went across the street to target and picked up 2 for my wife and I. Then I returned 1 of them 2 weeks later because they got the Black 32 gig AT&T. No lines or stress.

15. Toddzilla macrumors newbie

Extremely frustrated.

I fell victim to two things.

1) My complete distaste for waiting in line after waiting 9 hours for my phone 4 on launch day. Of course, the lines on launch day didn't end up being that bad.

2) The myth that there would be no supply issues at/around launch.

On launch day, I got up at 6am with a plan to order, but the status was 2-3 weeks. Since apple had said they anticipate no shortage at launch, I figured I could get one quicker locally.

The day after they came out, I went to best buy, walmart, target, and the apple store....nothing.

I figured no big deal, I was sure that the following week I'd be able to just walk in somewhere and get one. I was very wrong.

Craigslist is flooded with ipad2s from scalpers. Every store that would carry them is sold out.

So being that I have a lot of trips coming up that I was planning on using the ipad for, and being that I have no confidence that I will be able to get one without having to ***** compete for it in June, I said "screw it" and bought a 64 gb 3g original ipad from AT&T for $529. I figured it would do pretty much everything I wanted it to do, and was cheaper, and more importantly, it was available.

16. aluren macrumors 65816

That vid was awesome!

Mine was pretty good. Ordered one on 3/11 and is now shipped. Bought one at Target a week ago, just walk in and walk out. Then bought another one through a campus bookstore in less than 10 min.

17. Toddzilla macrumors newbie

I hate all people like you. :(

I've come up emptyhanded every single time.

18. aluren macrumors 65816

Just be patient. It wasn't that easy for me either. You wouldn't believe how many times I called Target everyday just to find one. The only thing I didn't want to do was line up early morning at Apple since I have to go to work. For now I think Target is still your best bet. They had like 4 iPad 2's that's an hour away from where I live. Distance, increasing gas prices and time constraints made me not go.

19. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

What shopping experience? I haven't been able to buy yet...

20. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

I was # 320 in line at Novi Mich apple store on Friday 3:45pm opening day, left after 45 minutes due to 7pm commitment that I had to be at. Tried target/bb/wm on way home, none that were not spoken for already.

So, frustated that there is no local reserve system........this check and check is big waste of time....

21. ravenas macrumors regular

Sucked! Ruined my brewing worship of Apple. Was told there'd be plenty of stock for my model. Was told the line experience was fun and Apple employees helpful. Ended up waiting in line with other sheep starting to get cut throat as stock ran out and rumors flew. All Apple employees did was sic the security on us making certain we Nasty buyers didn't get uppity.

Came home. Ordered online and kicked myself for not doing so sooner. Still waiting on my model.

Yet I'm glad I had a frustrating experience. It cured me of the Apple Kool-aid.

22. distemp macrumors regular

I'm actually having a similar experience. Was in line at Best Buy and could have had one...but they didn't get the one I wanted. The supply issues and lack of any way to figure out when a store might be getting them (even an Apple Store) have been insane. Very poor product launch.

23. dagored macrumors 65816

Great. Ordered at 3:50am online. Both iPads arrived last Wednesday at 10:30 am.

24. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

I don't do lines and I don't like waiting 12 days to get a product after ordering at 12:45am when the thing went on sale. I guess if you have a product that has this much demand you can pretty much do as you wish. I do find it funny how these things keep showing up at stores and how Apple Stores seem to have a few everyday to keep those lines going.