So, How Does RMA Work?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mazinger-Z, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Mazinger-Z macrumors newbie

Okay, as discussed in a previous thread, I had the joy of receiving a Macbook (my attempt to dabble in the Mac-World) refurb that did not have a fully functioning keyboard. Upon taking it to the Apple Store, they told me that I had spilled soda on it and it would cost 800 bucks to replace. Leaving aside the debate of whether or not I was lying when I denied the allegations, eventually Apple Care (I bought it online) labeled the product DOA and would ship me a new one.

Following day (today), I shipped the broken one back with the FedEx slip they gave me.

I have an 'order status' thing on my account with the new Mac pending with "ships in 24 hrs" on it. But I'm unclear and wish to get some first hand accounts, not the Apple party line, on how the RMA works...

I am essentially notebook-less until the new one arrives, I had already hocked my old one in preparation for this... Do I have to wait for Apple to get the broken one before they even ship the new one? The thought of not having mobile computing for two weeks bothers me....

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes you do; that's how RMAs work for most companies.