Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RagnarokRed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I'm currently using a 3GS. When Oct 14th comes around, do I just need to plug my 4S into my mac and sync in iTunes? Or will I need to get a microsim from AT&T and have them activate the phone on top of that?

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Your new iPhone 4S will ship with a new unactivated Micro-SIM pre-installed and ready to activate.

Apple has annouced this year that you don't need a PC or Mac to activate so it should be even easier. Did your order from Apple or AT&T?

AT&T normally sends a sheet of instructions to activate. This year they are also providing the instructions in your order confirmation. You can do it via the web, phone or stopping by an AT&T Corporate Retail location. :D

Dave

RagnarokRed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Thanks, I appreciate the response! I ordered from Apple and eagerly waiting for next Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.