So how exactly do the Apple store morning releases work?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shorties, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Shorties macrumors 6502a

I'm planning on trying to go tomorrow morning, I was just wondering how it all works exactly, I've heard they get the shipments in the day before to sell the next day. How many do they get? Do they get more than one model? I'm guessing, unless they get 18+ a day they wouldn't be able to get all the models. And also anyone got any tips on when to get there and stuff?

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

well this isn't exactly an normal release, yea its a white iphone but eh. but usually they get enough for the lines (if there is one). they always get each model, but know one knows how much, when i went to get my ipad 2 they had more Verizon than att. its hard to say anything, its not a normal release from what i know it is a normal store day.

3. Shorties thread starter macrumors 6502a

They get the Wi-Fi ones too right?

4. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

I am also interested in knowing about how many do they get each day approx and do they get the wifi ones. I am interested in the 32gb wi-fi

5. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Yea they had the wi-fi. Just saying it's hard to predict how much of something they will get, but I would bet u coluld walk in tomorrow and get one (don't hold me to it though).

6. Vikinguy macrumors 6502

I got there last Wednesday morning at 7:30 am. There were about 15 people in line ahead of me. I streamed some Netflix for an hour or so. Then an apple guy came out and handed out some tickets. You walk in knowing get something just not exactly which one. I'd say they got around 50 or so thar morning.

7. Shorties, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011

Shorties thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sweet thanks everyone for all your info, it helped me plan my purchase today. If anyone else comes across this thread I figured I should post what I experienced. We got there at 8:10 and was 3rd in line, they came out shortly later handing us numbered cards and telling us they had Black 16GB's White 32GB's in Wi-Fi and Black 64GB in Verizon 3G but not how many they had of each. I was originally gonna get the 16GB but since they only had the White in 32GB I just opted for that.

8. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Congrats and welcome to the club!

9. rav16 macrumors member

Here in India things are a little different . The iPad launched today in many stores I went in the morning and played with the demo units then picked the White wifi model . Many had booked on the phone before and they had to show their id and then pay and collect their iPad . 2 stores were close by and both got sold out soon I asked how many models they got the store guys told me 4to 5 of black and White 3G and wifi both. Here Friday is a working day so not many people came iam sure Saturday and Sunday will be crazy but here in India specially in Mumbai no 1 stands in the line to buy a apple product but I saw many people old,young,kids men and women coming to see the iPad 2 and were amazed to see how thin it was . Wish u get your iPad soon. This is my first ever iPad and iam just enjoying it every moment

10. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

I just called an Apple store and confirmed that they get shipments not every morning but almost regularly. He said that the lines are still forming and they will hand out tickets. If you have the ticket you are guaranteed an ipad.

He said if I don't mind the lines I should go tomorrow morning (a hint maybe that he will have stock) . He had still 3 left when I had called but all verizon 3g.

The base model and att according to him that sell the fastest.

11. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

The night prior to buying my iPad I was at the Apple store. The manager told me they receive a shipment every morning, but they don't know which models.

Usually people start lining up around 7:30am and wait, around 8ish Apple reps come out and tell you which models they got in. If you want one they give you a ticket and have you come back at 9am to purchase the iPad. I got to the mall around 8:30am and there were 4-6 people in front of me. The rep came out and told me what they had and then gave me a ticket. I was called into the store around 9am and they gave me the iPad.

I do know most Apple stores sell out of iPads before noon. Best Buy, Target, and Radio Shack don't get a constant supply but are usually sold out immediately.