So how is everyone explaining to their significant other why they need both Pro and Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by christophermdia, Nov 12, 2015.

1. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

Im pinning my pro on desktop use. although still having a hard time convincing her, she keeps bugging me to sell my mini ... :)

2. rwp macrumors member

The trade-in value of my 128GB Mini 2 was only $150. I decided that it was worth $150 in value to keep as eReader / bedside iPad. The Pro is so large, I think it will be helpful to have very portable secondary option. Besides, unless you are getting two of them, what will you use when she takes over the Pro? :)

3. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

That's funny - I picked up my Pro yesterday (I have an Air) and was already wondering how to finagle selling my Air to get a Mini 4 now. I don't know that I'm ready to part with the iPad Air. The Pro is gorgeous, and huge, but it's really not a daily carry for me like the Air was.

4. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

I got the Pro too... and Mini feels like the perfect compliment next to the big iPad. I feel I will be using my iPhone a lot less going forward if I decided to keep the pro. (and I can see how iPad Air 2 is "too big" next to the iPad Pro... like how iPhone 6S+ and Mini 4 would be like next to each other.

iPad Air 2 + Iphone 6S/6S Plus is perfect.

iPad Pro + iPhone 6S Plus/Mini 4 is also perfect.

iPad Air 2 + iPad Pro feels redundant, so is iPhone 6S Plus + Mini 4, or Mini 4 + iPad Air 2.

5. Macalway macrumors 68000

Your need to buy them something to distract them.

Stealth.

6. AppleWes, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

...but let me guess- a few bags/purses/wallets/jewelry that cost well over $1,000+ are ok? ;)

7. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Just say

Mini for work and out and pro for at home

9. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

It is better to ask for forgiveness. Then it is to ask for permission.,☺

10. racer1441 macrumors 68000

11. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Yes that is very much okay along with Apple purchases!

I think it's easier to agree that we both like things the other finds ridiculous. Therefore not much justifying has to go on. I think a $600 video card is insane and he thinks a $1300 Louis Vuitton is absolutely absurd. See it equals out? :D

12. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

haha same here! :D (I like Apple products, but partner prefers more bags/cloths/accessories) It's all about personal taste.

I just don't like hypocritical people who think it's wrong if they don't like the same products.

13. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

I just bought it and then showed her. lol Although she did ask how much it was and when I told her she said, "That is seriously dumb. An iPad for that much? You can get a good laptop"

Shush....just shush.

14. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502

No it doesn't. There is a $700 difference. he should get anther $600 video card and SLI that baby. Then its equal.

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If only the Apple watch worked with iPads, I'll sell my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 and exchange them for a Pro and a mini. The Pro for home and mini for on-the-go would simply be perfect for me.

16. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend actually advised me to keep the mini, but I'm going to sell it regardless because I don't need/want two lte iPads. Plus with a 6S+ it's redundant.

17. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

It's worse when I want both the $600 video card and the $600 pair of heels :D $600 is my cap on heels but not video cards, I have been known to spend more.

18. CC117 macrumors 6502

CC117

I sold my air 2 and got nearly half the money for the pro. Although, I did say I wouldn't buy a pencil but left the Apple Store with one. My excuse there was "They only got 3 in stock and I panicked!" Not my best but worked nonetheless :D

19. zamboni52 macrumors regular

I'm using a rMB, iPhone 6s Plus and Air 2. This setup meets all my needs leaning towards the portability side. If I need some serious horsepower I can use my iMac. Although the Air2 is awesome at editing video.

20. richardmu macrumors 6502a

I've got a air 2 and trying to justify the pro. How are you finding it after the
    air. Can't fault the air 2 but new toys must be seriously considered!